Five

A few days after your fight with Steve, you're holed up together in the Byers' house with the kids. The kids are trying to get you to convince Steve to let them cause a distraction for El and Hopper.

You shake your head. "I'm sorry, but Steve's right. It's too dangerous."

Before they could argue with you, the sound of Billy's Camaro cuts the air. Him being here in the middle of all this feels distinctly wrong. Billy's not part of this side of your world.

Steve charges outside to get rid of Billy. You and the kids creep in the window to see what's happening. Billy is looking for his sister, but Steve keeps insisting she's not here. Billy says something quietly that you can't hear. When Steve turns around to look at you, you all duck. A moment later Billy bursts through the door. He's in a rage and clearly surprised to see you there.

"Get over here, (Y/N)," he growls.

You obey without hesitation. He asks you quietly what the Hell is going on. You don't know how to answer, so you don't.

"Answer me," he says. You open your mouth, but you can't think of anything fast enough. He leans right in next to your ear. "Be a good girl." It isn't sexual this time, and that's not why you finally answer him, but your relationship with him had conditioned you to obey him, to crave his approval. You realize then that this behavior bleeding into your normal life was not healthy.

"There are these-"

Max cuts you off. "Leave her alone, Billy!"

"Piss off," he says. He looks you in the eye. "You were saying?"

But Steve grabs Billy's shoulder and turns him around. "Leave my sister alone." Steve's fist connects with Billy's face and the blond stumbles backward.

Billy laughs, the sound jarring. "King Steve," he says, licking the blood from his teeth. "We finally meet."

"This is your last chance to leave." When Billy only smiles, Steve punches him again. And again. And again. Billy starts laughing again, blood pouring from his nose and mouth, before he decks Steve.

You can barely think with all the screaming around you. Billy hits Steve again and your brother barely keeps his balance. When Billy grabs him by the shirt, you step forward.

"Let him go, Billy," you plead.

He glares at you. "You obey me, remember?" You repeat yourself.

Billy stares at you for a long minute. With him distracted, Steve gets the upper hand and hits Billy again.

"He was stopping, you fucking idiot!" you scream.

Billy snaps. He slams Steve to the ground and starts beating him. He's too strong to stop, but Max manages to inject him with whatever they had been using to keep Will asleep. Billy stands up, woozy.

"What'd you do to me, you little fuckin' shit?" he says and collapses. You instinctively catch him.

*

You confront Billy at school on Monday. "I can't do this anymore," you say.

He sighs. "Is it because I beat the shit out of Steve?" His lip is split but it doesn't seem to bother him.

"No, you..." You weren't sure how to word it. "You used our relationship against me. You don't control me outside of sex. I'm not okay with that."

His face falls. "Shit. I'm sorry. You're right." He touches your arm gently. "Are you okay?"

"No, Billy. I'm... Addicted to you and it's unhealthy. Can we just have sex like normal people?" People walking by give you a strange look. Billy drops his hand and won't look you in the eye. "I didn't think so..." you say with a sigh.

"Look, (Y/N), it's never been just sex with you. I need the extra stuff. And you're the only one I trust to do it with." People are really starting to give you both weird looks now. Billy steps closer. "I'm not trying to pressure you into anything. I just want you to know... I don't want to lose what we have. But it's your choice. It's always been your choice."

You sigh and run your hand over his abs, his shirt soft under your fingers. "I'd have to think about it more."

He smirks and says, "You just don't want to give up my cock." You hide your face because a lot of people definitely heard that. "Oh, come on, everyone knows I'm fucking you," Billy says, nudging you. You look up to see a lot of wide eyes and stares. Billy looks around and shrugs. "Or... Maybe they didn't. Let me know what you decide. And... I'm sorry. Honestly."