✧・FIVE ✧・

playlist: capsize - frenship

THE SMALL BRUNETTE STOOD IN FRONT OF MAX'S STAND-UP BODY MIRROR THAT WAS SET AGAINST HER WALL. she wore a pair of jeans that she cuffed to just above her ankle, where her high top converse were. she wore a bright yellow sweater with a little bee on the left chest area, like where a pocket would be.

"el! let's go!" the redhead ran into the room, practically tripping over herself in excitement.
"want to ride on my bike with me?"

el turned to max, face as red as a tomato, and nodded. max grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the house.

el held onto max's waist as max pedaled as fast as she could down the road until they say it.

starcourt mall.

el was in awe. "pretty cool, huh? just wait till you see the inside."

———

"hey steve!" max called as she ran up to the counter, el walked behind her, looking around and taking it all in.

"hey, max! new friend?"

"i believe you know her? she used to live where i do with her brother."

steve took off his work hat. "no fucking way." he looked at the brunette. "el byers?" he laughed.

"hey steve!" he engulfed the small girl in a huge hug. "haven't seen you in forever!"

"is robin here?" max asked, tapping on the countertop. sure enough, steve knocked at the window that led to the back.

"what do you want, harrington?" the sassy girl remarked.

"mayfield's here. brought an old friend of mine, too. her age though."

robin immediatly flew out the door the minute she heard max was there. she ran up to the shorter girl and engulfed her in a hug. "i'm taking them in the back. have fun, harrington!" robin teased and grabbed max's wrist, who grabbed el's.

———

the three girls had talked for almost an hour before el looked at the time. 3 pm.

"max," el nervously interrupted the two girls conversation, but max didn't mind. she looked over.

"yeah what's up?"

"it's 3 o'clock."

"okay?"

"can we go shopping now?" el looked over at robin. "not to interrupt or anything. it's just i have a curfew on sunday's. i have to be home by 6." hopper, her dad, was still worried about el being out in public, but joyce, his wife, was easing him into it.

"oh, yeah! if that's okay with you, robin."

"go ahead! i gotta help steve, anyway."

"that's right you do!" the tall boy called from the other side of the window.

the two girls laughed and walked out.

———

"im sorry i spent so much of your money, i kinda went crazy. i'll pay you back, i swear!"

el stood on the top of the steps to her cabin, her home. her bike stood up against the fence. max was at the bottom of the steps.

"don't even worry about it! it was my pleasure," max noticed el was still wearing her clothes. "keep them."

"what?"

"the clothes. keep them."

el smiled and turned pink as she struggled to pick up all the bags.

"you got it?"

"yeah. see you tomorrow?"

max smiled. "yeah. tomorrow."

the brunette smiled and opened the door to her house as the ginger watched to make sure she made it in safe.

"hey sweetie," joyce called from the kitchen as she peaked her head around the corner. "need help?"

el nodded as joyce took half the bags el had. "had a good day?"

el nodded again. "max took me shopping."

"sounds fun!" joyce and el dropped all the bags in her room.

"dinner will be ready soon."

"okay."

joyce smiled and closed her door as eleven flopped on her bed , surrounded by the bags of clothes. she grabbed her phone.

max sat on her bedroom floor, playing video games when her phone buzzed. she picked it up to see what it was.

el :)
miss you! wanna facetime soon? i have to take a shower first.

max smiled.

el's phone buzzed.

maxie <3
of course! call me when ur ready :)