•◦ 08 ◦•

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER EIGHT
• ғᴏᴏʟɪsʜ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER EIGHT• ғᴏᴏʟɪsʜ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"You can't be too sure it's Hojun," Jungsik retorts. "His dealer could've laced it for him and he probably didn't even know it was laced."

Jungkook sighs in frustration, "He's had it out for me, gets the chance to make himself look like he likes me, gifts me cocaine, and next thing I know that shit's laced."

"Even if it was him and he did know it was laced, you can't do anything about it. If you plot your revenge against him, the Seongja mafia is going to plan a hit on you."

Jungkook laughs at his dad's words, "We're the strongest mafia in SK. I'm not scared of anyone and I'm not scared of dying."

"True to all those things," Jungsik nods. "But you are scared of leaving Y/N in this piece of shit world." Jungkook's jaw clenches in annoyance. "That girl is your weakness and you're a fucking idiot for letting her become that."

"And how does that affect you?! Not once have a failed you on a mission. Not once have I chosen her over my duty. Not once have I chosen her over you—my family."

"That makes me glad—that you haven't let her cloud your judgment."

"And she won't. She doesn't know anything that happens in this life because I keep her out of it. I keep her out of everything mafia-related," Jungkook mentions. "Y/N isn't a threat. Y/N makes me happy."

"I want nothing more for you than happiness, son," Jungsik pats his son's shoulder. "But this life will always come first. You swore it when you decided to join."

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head, "I'll never pick between the mafia and Y/N."

"There'll be a day you'll have to."

Jungkook turns around, bringing his hands to his head and walking a few steps. He turns back to his father.

"Happy birthday, appa." Jungkook wishes before leaving.

• • • •

"I'm home!" Jungkook yells from the door.

"I'm up in the room!"

You hear Jungkook run up the stairs and walk into the room.

"I can't find anything to wear!" You complain.

Jungkook looks at all the clothes on the bed and the ones on the closet floor.

"Seriously?" He laughs as he walks towards you.

You hit him with a dress, "Don't make fun of me."

"I'm sorry, it's just... look at this mess!" He continues to laugh.