Chapter 1

It was just a typical busy weekday. People were running around, trying to get a chance to ride in the subway, buses or taxis amidst the rain. Among them, she tried to not bump into any strangers. She longs to get home, to her father and mother and especially to her cat. She managed to find a shelter from the rain inside a coffee shop. After settling down, she texted her father to come pick her up. She sat at a table near the busy road and took out a book. She was currently reading a novel, a typical cliché romance plot where the heroine lived happily ever after with her oh-so-perfect prince. She just borrowed this on a whim from her friend and she had to admit it was pretty decent.

The novel " Amelia " was about a lady named, of course, Amelia, who was hired as a secretary to a cold-hearted man, the handsome business tycoon named Richard Henney. The said man already has a fiancé, the heiress named Laeticia Ross. Despite the budding love between the protagonists, the said villainess kept on hindering their pure love. To add on, there was also the other irritating villain, Ethan Alphonse. Unlike Laeticia, his deeds weren't driven due to jealousy over the heroine but simply by wanting to be superior than Richard. He tried to compete in everything, whether business, clothing, properties and even tried to harm the heroine. To add on he is extremely evil and has no conscience whatsoever. Basically, he and Laeticia are extremely irritating.

But looking at the story objectively, isn't the protagonists in the wrong here? Minus Ethan because he's really evil, Laeticia's actions are justified. She was in love and faithful to her fiancé, Richard, even though it was arranged. She tried everything to please him yet he never spared her a glance. In the end, she was so devastated and lead to harassing the heroine after she found out the two were in love and in a relationship. I mean, if he never wanted it in the first place, he should have said NO. Besides, Richard's family was already rich, to the point that marrying Laeticia won't hurt their business. It was only because their parents were friends so they agreed to marry their children.

In the end of the novel, he confessed to his parents how he would like to marry the heroine even if they disown him. His parents just agreed after seeing his determination and he lived happily with Amelia. While poor Laeticia had a broken heart and was disowned after having her engagement annulled by Richard publicly, thus humiliating her family, towards her actions and misdeeds. And Ethan, he was shot to death in a confrontation against the hero when he kidnapped Amelia and almost shot her to death. In the first place, isn't it clear as a day that Richard cheated here? Even if it's unwanted he should have respected his fiance's feelings. Even Laeticia didn't want the engagement in the beginning, yet she remained faithful. And Amelia, she knows he has a fiancée yet she still flirted. Like, really girl?

"Seriously, what are youths reading today? They are blinded by romance novels so much they can't see the reason in it. "After putting the book in her bag, she started to hear commotion and the people started to panic and scramble out the cafe. Some had terrified expressions on their face as they look at the window near her table. She turned around...and her heart almost stopped. Everything looked so slow. There was a bus ramming its way towards her.

She saw how terrified the driver was.

And she saw no more after that.

______________________________________

Hi! I just made this on a whim because I always find isekaid people became villainess or heroines. Then the isekaid males become too OP and always have a harem. Then I also like genderbends but most are trash or always Boy's Love/Girl's Love. Like seriously, they shouldn't have changed their genders if it would be like that. And I read a superb light novel about a guy reincarnated as a villain and tries to avoid the heroine but I can't remember. So basically this is all of my wishful thinking and frustrations combined in one XD. Have a nice read.