Chapter 3

A week had passed since I came home sick. Marcus had finally agreed to bring his girlfriend over for dinner on Saturday night. With the constant nagging from everyone in the family it was hard not to give in.

I of course couldn't care less about the girl. I already didn't like her and I hadn't even met the girl. It was a natural instinct to hate the girl who was with my brother, my brothers weren't the only overprotective ones in the family.

Because I wasn't allowed to skip the pointless dinner, I had to promise Marcus to be on my best behavior. For some reason Marcus wanted me to become friends with the girl. I didn't understand why I would have to get to know a girl who was only temporary, no good has ever come from getting to know any of their girlfriends.

They were usually complete airheads who were only nice to me to get in good with my brothers. I hated that. The only benefit was that while my brothers were occupied with their girlfriends I had some freedom at school while they were distracted. It was fun while it lasted.

The dreaded dinner was on Saturday, but it didn't get me down. Friday night I was going to a party.

Jenna, one of the seniors from school had sent out the invites to her annual back to school party. It was everyone's chance to let loose before finals. I didn't go last year because Greg was still in highschool, and going to a party with him would be social suicide. Who knows what kinds of embarrassment he would put me through.

He would probably announce to the whole party that he was my big brother, as if people didn't already know, and threaten to castrate any guy who looked, touched, or even breathed on me.

But this year was different, Greg was gone and I was one of the handful of sophomores invited to the party, courtesy of my well known family.

I knew what I was gonna wear of course, a high waisted skirt and a lace pink crop top. I borrowed from Lexi, I knew my brothers wouldn't approve so I would wear a button up cardigan and take it off as soon as we got to the party.

Nothing could put me down, not even my brother's stupid girlfriend.

*Friday*

The day of the party we all filed into Greg's car, I was forced in the middle as usual but instead of being bitter I was excited.

"Okay guys, listen up. Marcus you are not going to drink, I'm trusting you to drive everyone home safely. Don't come home too late, I'm gonna be at school but Leo will be awake, so don't do anything stupid." Said Greg specifically eying Marcus.

"Come on Greg! Let Melvin drive please! Or Lydia, come on," Marcus whined.

"Marcus can you just be responsible for once? No drinking for you two either." He said eyeing me and Melvin in the rear view mirror. We both had a hard time stifling our laughter. Of course Melvin was going to drink, Greg couldn't control that. I on the other hand would steal a few sips from Melvin, all he would allow of course.

We arrived at school and said bye to Greg. Joseph and I walked towards Lexi and I turned to my brother.

"Joey I know you're super jealous I'm going to this party but your time will come. Besides what else would you want besides a beautiful sister. Like come on." I joked and he shook his head smiling. He had been silent the whole car ride, I felt bad.

Lexi came into view and I ran to her.

"Hello friends. Good day. It is a good day indeed." She said weirdly.

"What's up with you Lex?" I asked suspiciously.

"I'm just super happy that we are BOTH going to the party tonight!" She screamed.