Pin You Down (3) No Time To Die

Sunday's were always my favourite days, they were quiet and peaceful, beautiful. I had the power to do whatever I wanted on Sunday's.

Saturday's were usually dedicated to Bonnie's fights, so we'd do nothing but wait till fight night. But Sunday's were for me. And they always started out with him. He would wake up beside me, as I laid on my back with a book in my hands.

Bonnie was always there. Snuggled into my body, resting his head on my shoulder as his arm reached across my body. He'd begin to groan, asking why And how I'm awake so early.

Leave lazy kisses on my skin, before climbing on top of me. That's how we would start our Sunday mornings. Madly and deeply in love.

Now, I lay awake without him. Somehow Sunday's have now become my least favourite day. Every morning I spend without him, the more harder things get. It's been two years, and I still cry remembering him.

He's never made me cry, I guess that's what makes it so hard for me. He was my ray of sunshine in this dark, tainted world. And now that he's gone, I can't seem to find the light.

I imagine Bon in heaven, only because of how loving he was to people. Even strangers. He was so damn kind and sweet to anyone who crossed his path. God knew this world was too good for him. He would hold the door open for a flock of people, grinning. Teeth glistening as he said you're welcome. I miss him so much.

He didn't have a bad bone in his body. Not a single one. Which is something I never expected from him.

When I first met Bonnie, we were five years old. Two little shits, he was a proper arse, constantly getting into it with the teachers and that. We were classmates before we became friends. Then, when we were teenagers, World War One came, and he enlisted. I didn't think I'd see him again, I mean, most people who left didn't come back. Including my older brother who parishes in Flanders.

Anyways, I didn't think I'd ever seen my longtime crush, Bonnie, until finally I had. We were fifteen, a stranger had gotten into a fight with another stranger at the Central Fair. That's how we met again, a fight broke out in front of me and as my friends and I got closer, he saw me, I saw him. That's all it fuckin' took. One look, and I was hooked.

He ran towards me once the fight ended, Bonnie had knocked out his opponent very quickly. He was bleeding with a cracked lip. I winced, but blushed because he said I was beautiful. He asked me out that night, pulling me away from my friends. How could I deny such a handsome, tall, muscular man?

He became my everything. And I was so happy, and so ready to embark on a life with him, filled with love, and passion, happiness and laughs.

Like most days, I get up and head to my shower. When Bonnie passed away, the lawyers came running to me but I turned them all away. They gave me cheques with their names on it but I didn't want them. The lawyers and I had decided we'd give every penny of his away. I didn't want anything to do with the Shelby's.

I live and work by the pier. I'm a dancer at a shitty little lounge, rich men and the occasional women. I serve drinks in a tight dress, until someone mentions something about a private room with a price. The most I give is lap dance.

I spend my mornings like this though, sitting on the window sill with warm cup of tea. I look outside and watch ships big and small depart. They roll into the water, never looking back.

Nearly every morning, I sit, crack open the window to get that air in, light a spliff and have my peppermint tea. My mornings will always include a spliff of marijuana.

Seeing as I don't have a television, the sea makes for great entertainment.

My eyes don't leave the murky blue water, even as the street cat appears from my balcony and makes its way into my apartment. I inhale the rolled spliff, watching as a puff of smoke erupts from my mouth. I wonder where all the annoying pigeons are before hearing the cat meow.