Our Wedding

Percy walked around his changing room anxiously. Everything became a pattern for him, he would sit down, look at himself in the mirror, fix his hair, get up, walk exactly ten steps, fix his cufflinks and then repeat.

"Hey, Perce," Bill stuck his head in the tent. "About ten more minutes."

"Thanks, Bill," Percy nodded.

"Nervous?" Bill joked.

"A bit," Percy admitted. "But... I've never been more excited for something in my life, Bill. God, not even the time I became a prefect or head boy, or the time I got promoted, or even the time we won the war. That's how much she means to me, Bill. Marrying her, marry Grace, the love of my life... today will be the most amazing day of my life."

Bill smiled. "... that's great, Percy. Ya know, I think you've met your soulmate with Grace."

"I really have," Percy nodded. "I love her so much."

Bill pat Percy on the back. "I've got to go make sure everyone's in their seats... but, everything's going to be great, Perce."

"I know it'll be," Percy smiled.

***

"Grace, what's going on?" Ginny called to Grace who was behind the changing screen.

Grace came out and her breasts seemed to be bursting out of the top. "Oh God... oh God... I swear they fit into it when I tried it on... Have I really gained this much weight?... Percy's going to think I'm disgusting and fat!"

"Grace, Grace," Ginny rubbed her arms. "You could walk down the aisle with a trash bag on and Percy would still think you're the most beautiful girl in the whole world."

Grace wiped her tears away. "Oh, I bet I've screwed up my makeup as well."

"Grace... you look lovely, dear," Molly smiled and rubbed her back.

She looked at herself in the mirror and tried to pull her dress up. "I look hideous!"

"I felt this way before marrying Arthur, Grace," Molly said reassuringly.

"I did as well," Fleur said.

"Oh, like you've ever felt ugly, Fleur," Grace said bitterly. Fleur's face dropped and she looked around to the other girls.
"Oh, Fleur, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's alright," Fleur said. She held her hands. "I think you should have some time alone..."

Grace smiled nervously and wiped some tears away. "Yes... I do, thank you... and thank you all for enduring me."

Angelina smiled. "You do look beautiful, Grace."

"Thank you," she whispered.

They all walked out of the tent and Grace sat down, looking at herself in the mirror. She wiped away the tears and fixed her makeup, taking a deep breath.

"You look beautiful, sweetie," a females voice said from behind her.

Grace turned around and saw her parents standing at the entrance to the tent.

"Mum?" She smiled. "Dad?"

They walked toward her and Grace stood up.

"We're here, darling," James said and cupped her cheek.

"I'm trying not to panic," Grace laughed nervously. "But my bloody dress-"

"Honey," Lily grabbed her hand. "It's okay."

"But mum... why would..." she trailed off and looked down. "You don't think..."

James and Lily smiled and looked at each other.