31

Sleeping through that first night in Australia was a tough task for almost everyone. Their bodies keeping them awake long into the night even though their minds knew they had to sleep if they wanted to be able to adjust themselves to the time difference. Alex had a couple of beers that he picked up at the local bottle shop and managed to fall asleep fairly early compared to everyone else, leaving Rosanna up on her own in their hotel suite. She was cursing at herself for not being able to fall asleep because everyone had planned to go to the beach the following day and she wanted to have at least one shred of energy for it.

Alex murmured for her to just come and join him and she's soon fall asleep and she did. But her eyes would barely shut for more than a minute. She groaned and slid back out of Alex's arms, trying not to wake him and made her way over to one of the settees, taking out one of Alex's electric guitars and hooking it up to one of the amps he felt laying around. She turned the sound down as much as she could and began messing around on it — playing a few tunes she'd had stuck in her head.

One she found, was very catchy. It was quite difficult to play and involved lots of sliding so when she took her finger away, she'd sliced a bit of the tip of her pointer finger. It wasn't bleeding, just blistered so she decided to keep on playing until she'd gotten it down packed.

She began to feel drowsy and put the guitar down, making her way over to the bed to join Alex when she saw a bird fly across the window. Oh fuck off, she groaned to herself and made her way over to the balcony, stepping outside briefly to see the sun lightening the sky as it rose in the east.

Quite pissed off with herself now, Rosanna trudged back to the bed and sulked as she buried herself under the covers; praying to God that she'd at least get a few hours of sleep.

Having managed to nap for about two hours, Rosanna woke up just as Alex did, tired out of her mind but forcing herself to get up so that she wouldn't miss out on the day's activities.

"D'ya sleep at all last night?" Alex mumbled, rubbing his eyes to stay awake.

"Barely," she pouted and rolled onto her back.

"What were you playing last night?" Alex asked, finally getting his mind awake.

Rosanna shrugged and yawned, "I don't know. Just some riff I had stuck in my head."

"You come up with it?" He asked, putting a leg over hers.

"I think so?" Rosanna chuckled, "I'm not sure but I blistered my finger doing it."

She lifted her left pointer finger and showed it to Alex who tilted his head and smiled, kissing it once as if to make it better.

"You still gonna come to the beach today?" He asked, running his fingers through his dark hair.

"Course I am," Rosanna smiled. "What you think I'm gonna stay inside all day?"

Alex chuckled and shook his head, "just making sure me girl's gonna be by me side is all."

  Everyone met in their summer attire in the lobby of their hotel. All dressed in shorts and short sleeved tops with bags wrapping around their arms and sunglasses and hats dotting here and there. They had a few cars come passed and take them down to one of the beaches, it being a weekday, it was expected to be quite which is exactly what they all wanted.

  They found a large empty plot of sand underneath the warm sun and set up their belongings. Matt and Jamie ran straight into the water like children whilst Nick and Kelly — who was now able to travel with them during the Australian leg — began a walk up and down the shore front, hand in hand.