69 Foster Son, Don't Be So Crazy (6)

Xiang Feng lifted the stone he had sharpened and slowly scratched it down the wall. He stared at the three lines lining up side by side.

Three days.

He had been imprisoned inside this small, cemented room for three days with no food or water. He knew that they were only waiting for him to die, waiting for the day that they could finally haul out his corpse and throw it into the mass grave where the other slaves had been buried. He was so hungry and thirsty that he didn't think they have to wait long for that time to come.

He stared at his blood-stained hands and tried not to sniffle. He had done what he did because he was angry at the bullies, but now he deeply regretted it. He had forgotten that he was not inside that big house anymore, the big house where he could do anything he wanted to do.

Xiang Feng shuddered and curled his body into a ball, before wrapping his arms around himself.

"This is still better than the big house..." he whispered.

He stared at the sunlight that seeped through the bottom crack of the heavy wooden door. With all his strength, his small hand tried to reach for it. His fingers fell short by an inch, and his reaching hand dropped on the ground.

Xiang Feng could not find it in himself to move a little closer. He stared at the sunshine, mesmerized.

The door opened.

Xiang Feng didn't think there was still hope left in his heart, but he could not explain the quick rise of anticipation that made him eagerly lift his head. However, his whole body suddenly shrank back when he stared at the burly guard that opened the door.

Stunned, he could only stammer out, "What...what...are you doing here..."

"What do you mean 'what'?" The guard snorted, annoyed. He closed the door behind him. "Is this place yours? I don't see your name written anywhere on it."

Xiang Feng's pupils dilated in fear. He could only press himself against the cold wall behind him.

"Don't come any closer!"

He swept his hair behind one ear, showing the guard his scar. But the guard just leered at him.

"Don't think that's going to work on me twice. That scar's ugly as sin, but the other half of your face is more beautiful than all the women I've been with. Hell, I've never seen a face as beautiful as yours in my whole life."

He started taking off his belt, and Xiang Feng shouted out, "I'm a boy!"

The guard spat at him.

"So what? If you were a girl, you would have been assigned to the flower house two years ago. Don't think I'm the only one thinking of doing this. Had to give a month's worth of savings just to bribe those rascals to let me taste you first. Definitely have to take my time, ah."

Xiang Feng's vision blurred, as the guard's face overlapped with someone else's. He dug his nails into his palm, his whole body shaking.

"Don't come...don't come any closer..."

The guard threw his belt to the ground and his large gut wobbled up and down like a loose wheel. His thighs were bleached and pale, as white as a dead fish's belly. He slowly approached Xiang Feng.

"I'll tell you what," the guard said, as he fumbled with the buttons of his uniform, "If you don't scream, I'll do it slow and gentle. You won't even feel a thing. What do you say?"

But Xiang Feng seemed to have gone temporarily deaf, only mumbling words under his breath that the guard couldn't hear. Annoyed, the guard grabbed the lapels of his shirt.

"Hey, are you listening to me?"

Xiang Feng's eyes refused to look at him. He turned his head away.

"Don't come any closer..."

"Stupid cunt." The guard slapped him hard and hit him viciously in the stomach until Xiang Feng was fighting against losing consciousness. "I said, are you listening to me?"

Xiang Feng didn't answer.

The guard's face distorted with anger. He pushed the small boy into the floor and pulled his pants down. Xiang Feng struggled and started to scream, his voice hoarse. He did not have much energy left, so the sound that came from him was as feeble as a newly born kitten. Tears streamed from his eyes.

"Help me! Wu wa! Help me!"

Bam!

The door burst open, and a slender figure wearing a dusty cloak quickly walked in. Spotting the guard that was pushing down Xiang Feng, Song Jia had a look of extreme anger on her face.

"Despicable!"

It was her first time to see an animal wearing human skin. He could even stomach doing that kind of thing to a young child.

Because she had hurried all the way here, she could only tie Nian Shou's hands and leave him following behind her. He peeked at the guard behind her shoulder, his look of disdain apparent to all.

However, his line of sight was not on the guard's face but somewhere down below.

"Too small."

The guard's face turned black.

Song Jia moved forward and hit the guard's pressure point. She then kicked his prone form away, not wanting him anywhere near her and Xiang Feng. Nian Shou jumped up and stomped on the guard's stomach, seemingly having fun on seeing it bounce up and down.

Song Jia ignored him. Even though she had tied his hands, he could still run away and report her to the soldiers. However, she was surprised to find out that he seemed willing to follow her around. For whatever reason, she had caught his interest. That's why she was reassured to let him mess around like this.