Yule ball

Yule ball was just around the corner. Winter break was to start in a couple of days.

Katherine and Ophelia were at Hogsmeade, dress shopping.

"How about this one?"Ophelia asked, holding up a blue ruffled dress.

Katherine scrunched her nose " too short."

"How about this one?" She asked again, holding up a long silk red dress.

"No." Katherine replied, not even looking at the dress.

Ophelia groaned " hurry up! It's been 6 hours, my feet hurt and I'm hungry."

"Found it!" Katherine exclaimed happily.

She held up a white silk gown. It had a sky blue belt at the waist and the same sky blue material lining the bottom. Silver designs were sown onto the top part and the bottom of her gown.

" what do you think?" Katherine asked.

"Beautiful, lets go." She eagerly said.

Katherine rolled her eyes and paid for the dress.

Ophelia jumped in excitement "yay! Now let's go and get something to eat."

**•**•**•**•**

Back at Hogwarts.

"Have you seen Tom?"asked Katherine, walking into the common room.

"No." Answered Black.

Katherine nodded. " so who are you taking to the ball?"

"Ditching Riddle for me?" Black smirked.

"Just asking." Said Katherine.

"The Shepard twins." Black answered.

"Because one girl just isn't enough" Katherine laughed. "Trying to impress your friends?"

"No, it's for what's after the ball I'm looking forward too" Black smirked.

"Your disgusting" Katherine said with a disgusted expression. She walked back towards the door of the common room.

"You know you want me!" Yelled Black.

"You wish!" She laughed and left the common room.

She walked down the hallways and up to the astronomy tower. She found Tom there, leaning against the railing, reading.

"I thought I would find you here." Smiled Katherine, as she made her way over to him.

Tom put his book down and smiled. "Am I going to have to do some grand gesture to ask you to the ball this time?"

Katherine laughed "no, unless you want Ophelia to write another speech."

Tom intertwined his fingers with Katherine's and kissed her, a long heartfelt kiss.

"What was that for?" Katherine asked when they pulled away.

Tom shrugged his shoulders " I just really wanted to do that."

Katherine rested her forehead on Tom's. They stayed like that for awhile.

"Are you sure you want to go with me and not Black. You seemed to REALLY enjoy what he did to you the other day." She joked.

Tom shook his head " you just had to ruin the moment, didn't you."

Katherine laughed "I love you Tom."

"I love you too Katherine." He smiled.

**•**•**•**•**

Night of the ball.