Shawn Mendes x Reader

It wasn't the first time you stepped out of a hotel room and you were greeted with Shawn's fans. It surely wouldn't be the last. It usually went over smoothly with you simply waving at them, saying a few hello's and sorry's because Shawn wasn't with you at that time. Usually Ava, your bodyguard, escorted you past the handful of fans and got you to a waiting car. Usually, it was a pleasant experience despite the occasional jealous name calling that you had become immune to. Usually.

Today was not a "usual" day. No, today you were in Rio. Just landed over night and Shawn was still sleeping off the plane ride. You had slept during the flight so you were ready to go out and do some shopping. That was until you looked down off the balcony of your sixth floor suite and saw the crowd of people around the front of the hotel. There was forty people at least, just standing around. It was 6am. You groan.

"Come back to bed baby," Shawn grumbles from the bed behind you. You turn to look at him and he's on his stomach, face turned toward the balcony doors where you're standing. His arm is hanging off the bed and he's got the sheets around his ankles, nothing but boxers on.

"But I'm not tired," you protest, looking down at the crowd and back to him.

Shawn turns his face into the pillow and rubs his nose against it to itch it before laying it back down and poking his lip out, silently begging you to come back to bed. How could you deny that? Shopping would have to wait. You close the balcony doors and pull the curtains closed, drastically dimming the light in the room. Shawn smiles a sleepy, smug smile. He knows he's too convincing for your to resist.

A few hours pass and the crowd only seems to get bigger outside the hotel but you can't stay trapped inside for the entire stay. Shawn decides he's tired of the crowd not listening, not backing away when Jake goes out and tells them to leave. He grabs his phone and his wallet and says, "Let's go babe, I'm not going to waste my first trip to Brazil in a stuffy hotel room."

The two of you meet up with Jake and Ava at the end of the hall. They are talking about how we should beef up security if we were going to stay at this hotel for the rest of our time in Brazil. Shawn agrees, telling Jake to check into local agencies for support.

The scene at the front doors was like a zombie movie where the hoard of zombies are waiting, milling about, ready to attack their next meal. The hotel has set up some metal barriers along the walkway out to the street so guests can get to their valet or cabs safely, but plenty of people are ignoring them and standing on the wrong side and in front of the valet drive through. You feel bad, guilty, that the other hotel guests have to deal with these random people just because your boyfriend was booked at this hotel. "Shawn...we're going to have to leave a hefty tip for these poor people having to put up with this."

Shawn squeezes your hand, bringing it to his lips as he says, "I've got it covered. I've offered to comp the security gate rental, the extra security the hotel has hired for guests coming and going and I'll comp any guest who complains for good measure." He truly was the sweetest guy.

Jake walks in front of you while Ava follows up the rear, two large men whose names escape you, join in as you reach the doors, flanking your sides. Shawn gives your hand a squeeze and the two of you step out into the covered entrance.

Immediately you're deafened with screaming, yelling and crying. This is the most fans you had ever seen in once place. It's very overwhelming. Jake says something into his walkie talkie, you think you hear something along the lines of "Where is the car?"

Fans are reaching over the barriers, grabby hands coming from every direction. You stay plastered to Shawn's back, your hand in his as he leads you forward with your entourage surrounding you. The metal barriers shift, the scraping sound of aluminium on concrete is loud even over the noise. The two of you don't make it but ten feet out the doors before all hell breaks lose.