Sweet Pea x Reader

Every day was the same. You tried to hard to ignore everyone at school, and most students usually complied. They thought you were weird and antisocial. Little did they know you were just very shy. You had tried multiple times to speak up, but nothing more than a whisper would come out of your mouth. Pathetic, that's what they thought you were.

That was, until you met the Southside Serpents as they were replaced to Riverdale High after their own school was shut down. Toni Topaz was the first to get you out of your shell, and you had to admit that she did a pretty good job on that. Then followed Jughead and Fangs, and so gradually, you made a lot of new friends.

But nothing could have prepared you for the tallest Serpent of the group, Sweet Pea. When you first saw him, your mouth literally dropped onto the ground, which did not go unnoticed by Toni and Fangs, unfortunately. They kept teasing you about it but also warned you for him. "Sweet Pea? (y/n), darling, he can't keep his dick in his pants, girl. I know you have developed a little crush on him, but be careful with him, okay?" oh, careful you would be. It's not like he would ever come talk to a freak like you, you thought.

The next day, however, turned out a little bit different. You were sitting at your usual desk, waiting for either Toni or Fangs to come and sit next to you, but none of them showed up. To say you were surprised when Sweet Pea decided to exchange his usual seat to come sit next to you, would be an understatement.

"You're the girl my best friends, Toni and Fangs hang out with," he stated, "(y/n), right? I believe we haven't met before, so, I'm Sweet Pea, nice to finally meet you," he smirked as he extended his hand for you to shake. All you could do was nod your head and quickly looked down on your notes as the teacher walked in.

You rushed your way out of the classroom as soon as the lesson was over, only to be stopped by a hand wrapping itself around your wrist, "What's the hurry (y/n)? I thought we could maybe hang out," Sweet Pea said, again smirking.

"I-I... have to go," you squeaked out and hurriedly walked out of the school on your way home.

-

"Toni, Fangs," Sweet Pea greeted his friends as he walked into Pop's, they had grown to like hanging out there, "I've tried my best to talk to her, but all she said to me today was that she had to go."

"She's just shy, Sweet Pea," Toni chimed in, "you have to give her some time to get used to you. it's not every day a tall and broad as hell Serpent that could possibly kill you if he wanted tries to talk to you."

"Wha- she thinks I would hurt her?"

"No, you fool! What Toni's trying to say, is that you are quite something for an innocent Northsider who never really talks to anyone except for us. Besides, I think she has a tiny little crush on you, which doesn't really help, being shy and all."

"You think she has a crush on me?"

"Positive," Toni smirked as she sipped her strawberry milkshake, "so man up and ask her out already, would ya."

-

"Hey, (y/n), please don't run away from me but I want to ask you something," Sweet Pea said as he stopped in front of you. your cheeks coloured red of embarrassment.

"Look, I know we don't really know each other yet, but I'd love to get to know you better, so... I wanted to know if you would possibly go out on a date or something?" Sweet Pea fumbled with his dog tails that he kept around his neck. Your eyes went wide and gulped at his question.

"But... why?" you squeaked out. You seriously had to find your voice, this was getting really embarrassing now.

"Well, I just think that you are extremely beautiful, and from what Toni and Fangs tell me, you are also extremely funny and kind once people get to know you. I want to get to know you like they do... or maybe even get to know you better than they do. That is, if you give me a chance."

Sweet Pea seemed to really like you, and so you decided to trust him on his word when he said he liked you.

-

A few months later you and Sweet Pea had developed a very close friendship, you had grown even closer when he helped you through your Serpent initiation. He had even let you practice your initiation dance in front of him, although, his motives might have been a little different than you thought. He was after all, still into you, even though you were blinded by friendship.

You also still hadn't been on an official date yet after all these months. It was something that made Sweet Pea want to kick himself in the balls for not growing a pair. The first time he asked you out on a date, you had said you weren't ready yet, and ever since he hadn't found the courage to ask you again.

That's why Toni and Fangs decided to take matters into their own hands and set you up on a date. Toni had asked you to go eat dinner with her, as friends do sometimes, so you agreed to go. Fangs had done the exact same thing, but he had made Sweet Pea believe they were going to drunk themselves. Sounded like a good idea to Sweet Pea, as it would make him forget about his pathetic little crush on his closest friend for a few hours.

So that's how you ended up in a fancy restaurant just outside Riverdale, sitting in front of Sweet pea, the guy you had actually fallen for once you got to know him better. You weren't as shy around him as you used to be, so he pretty much knew everything about you by now, and vice versa.

"I promise you I had no idea they would set us up on a date," was the first thing you said to him, making him chuckle in return, "I didn't know either, no worries," said Sweet Pea.

"Not that I mind being on this date with you," he admitted softly, making you smile and blush a little.

"I don't mind being here either, I think I quite like it actually."

-

"Do you see anything yet?" Fangs said as he and Toni sat in a borrowed car outside the restaurant. They hadn't planned on spying on their friends... or well, they actually had. They wanted to make sure none of them would chicken out and run away. their heart eyes had begun to get seriously annoying.

"they are kissing! Oh my god Fangs, they are kissing!" Toni clapped her hands and high fived her friend, "we are now responsible for a match made in heaven," she sighed happily.

"I can't wait for him to spill all the tea tomorrow," Fangs said without thinking, only to cringe as soon as he saw Toni's raised eyebrows.

"I swear you two are such girls."

Credit: sweetpeapapi.tumblr.com