↽One⇁

Two weeks after her fifteenth birthday, Isabella met Nico Di Angelo.

The second she met him she knew something was off about him, that he didn't belong here. Nico had an aura of power and death around him that she immediately knew that he was a Son of Pluto so Isabella took him under her wing. He was the third person who knew that she was an actual human being and had a soft side. That was when he took a liking to the girl, not in the same way as Jason but as an older sister. He trusted the Praetor so much that he told her everything, him being gay, the fact that there's a Greek camp on Long Island and about his sister Bianca. What Nico didn't mention was that there was another child of Poseidon at this other camp.

Isabella and Jason's friendship now was weirder with him and Reyna becoming Praetors. Whenever Isabella is around both of them, she feels an immense sense of guilt but she makes sure that she keeps her emotions in check. Reyna got so jealous of her and Jason's friendship that she challenged Isabella to a duel. Isabella tried explaining to Reyna that she didn't like Jason that way but jealousy was clouding her judgment so she still went on with it. The rest of the camp thought that they were fighting over power for the praetorship because they thought that Isabella didn't have feelings and Isabella didn't want to seem weak in front of her camp so she accepted.

Reyna gave it her all, she was tired of Isabella. The 'better one' in everything and the one that got everything, even people. She knew that Isabella would be an even worse enemy than giants but she was sick of it all, or so she thought. Isabella, however, was going easy on Reyna. She knew that feelings are getting in the way of her duty but there was nothing she could do about it, she thought maybe if she could just win the fight, prove to the camp she's stronger and not to be messed with. The only problem with winning was Jason. Reyna was one of her best friends at camp and the only reason they were brawling was that Reyna wanted Jason and was jealous.

Isabella decided to finish the fight. She twisted her sword underneath her opponent's gladius and twisted her wrist in a movement nobody other than she had mastered. Next thing she knew, Reyna had her back on the ground but was laying spread eagle while Isabella was standing on her friend's biceps while having her sword pointed straight at Reyna's neck. The audience waited in suspense for what Mars' blessing will do. What she did blew all their minds.

Isabella stepped off Reyna with a blank look. She offered her hand down to Reyna, luckily her friend took it and she got hauled up. Isabella turned around to the stands, let go of Reyna's hand and yelled out to the crowd.
"Asking for help doesn't mean you're weak! It means you're strong enough to understand what you need to work on! Because let me tell you, none of you will last as long as Reyna did! If I catch ANY of you doubting Reyna's abilities. I'll drop you two in a pit and see who wins."

With that, she turned around and walked back to her office. Before she got ten steps away she heard Octavian's voice shout,

"Then why'd you fight?!" the crowd instantly shut up and looked at Isabella,

"We agreed that whoever won gets to stick your head on a spear and hang it in the middle of camp" She growled, but the camp was so quiet that everyone heard it.

↽⋯⇁

Back in her office, she was sitting cross-legged in her chair glaring at the table. Octavian angers her so much for a reason.

"Don't worry my little demi-god" Isabella instantly jumped up, pushed the button on her watch and pressed her sword against the neck of the earthy woman with a peaceful face. The woman gave her a small smile as if she were asleep. "You're fast, and you're important to me, like a little pawn you are," she said in Isabella's mind.

"Who are you" She growled with the most intimidating facial expressions she could muster, the grip on her sword getting even stronger.

The woman gave her a sleepy smile again, "I'm Gaea, but I'm also your future. Join me Isabella Rodriguez, prove to me you're not as useless as your mother. She couldn't even tell me where you were, she put up such a fight that she had to be removed. It took us five years to find this one location."

Isabella gave the goddess a look of such hatred and fury that Mars would have been proud,
"You killed my mother?" She asked in a low voice full of malevolence. Her eyes glowed with a faint sea green that she saw a flicker of fear on the goddess' face.

"It was necessary that I did sweetheart"
At the speed of light, Isabella almost cut the goddess's head off but Gaea was faster and sunk into the floor.

Isabella spun in a circle her eyes still filled with hatred and fury but now a little bit of hurt, "COWARD!" she yelled, "FOR THE GODDESS OF THE EARTH YOU'RE SUCH A COWARD! GET BACK HERE AND FIGHT ME!"

No response, the goddess was gone.

A/N
I'm sorry this chapter didn't post but here it is.