TWENTY-FIVE: cannibal by ke$ha

I immediately fall to the floor when the room starts shaking and so does everyone else. I hear a man on Gareth's radio say, "Hey, what the hell was that" as Gareth gets back up.

"Do you copy?" the man  on the walkie asks.

Gareth turns towards the two men behind me who had already stood up and yells, "You stay here!"

"Gareth, these guys aren't going anywhere" the man with the baseball bat says over the gunshots.

"Stay here until I know what's happening!" Gareth yells before he runs out the door.

"So we just sit here?" the machete man asks.

The man with the baseball bat walks over to me and picks me up, forcing my neck over the basin, "Well we got a job to do"

Another blast goes off, this time not as strong and the man lets me go. The other man starts to pace the room nervously. "You there Gareth?" the man says into the walkie.

"He's busy." the man behind me states when Gareth doesn't respond.

"You smell the smoke?" the pacing man asks now very nervous, "You hear the shots? He could be dead! The hell are we doing here. The whole place could be going up." For once, I finally agree with this man. They should leave and let us live. "You went on one roundup and you blew protocol. We don't deal with security, that ain't our job" the bald baseball bat man tells the nervous man.

I watch the baseball  bat man leave behind me and walk towards his coworker on the other side of the basin. He continues to calm down the nervous man, turning his back to us. Out of the corner of my eye I see Rick break free of his restraints. Oth men turn away from us ans Rick takes his chance. He runs up behind the baseball bat man and stabs him in the neck with what seems like a sharp piece of wood.

"No no no no no no!" the other man yells but Rick ignores him. He pushes the man into a table and stabs him with the same piece of wood.

"Rick!" Glenn yells through his gag.

Rick hears his calls and run to Glenn, cutting him free with his wooden knife. He then moves onto me, I feel the pressure release from my hands and feet. I move my hands to pull down my gag sending a wave of pain over my left arm. My dad who just got free noticed this and kneeled next to me." You alright?" he asks. I grip the bandage running over my wound and nod.

"If they got problem, we got a chance" Rick tells us as he cuts Bob free.

"It sounded like a bomb" Glenn explains.

"Sounds like a damn war!" my dad adds.

"Right there" Rick says, pointing to a table with an assortment of knifes.

I slowly stand up, using my right arm only to support me. My vision blurs when I reach my feet and I shake my head. Once my sight is clear I walk over to the table and grab a clean machete. "Who the hell are these people" I ask, turning to face my group.

"They ain't people" my dad replies as he walks over to the table Rick killed machete man on.

I follow him over and realize that there is a dead man on the table. His limbs severed and a shot going through his head.