- the spiraling -

this whole chapter is immense chaos

how do you guys feel about the seeing-dead-mother-in-coma cliche?

do you guys want lists of facts about OCs? just for fun?

please comment and vote, lovelies : )

ELENORA WAS GONE.

Not the went-out-for-a-walk kind of gone, nor the snuck-out-to-see-a-cute-boy kind of gone.

She was the missing-in-action kind of gone. The no-note no-clues kinda gone.

The kind of gone that isn't good for people in Elenora's line of work.

Bucky and Steve weren't wildly suspicious at first; Elenora went on a run the previous two days. She might have been feeling it again, but this time, she forgot to write a note. As simple as that.

Until forgetting to write a note turned into leaving her phone off.

And taking out the sim card.

And missing school.

That was just about when Bucky and Steve realized that Elenora wasn't missing - she was taken.

And everything was spiraling.

***

The training was canceled, and Elenora was missing.

Peter couldn't stop blaming himself.

Tony told him to stop it because the boy really needed to get rid of this unhealthy mechanism: blame himself to explain all tragedies.

It wasn't even a tragedy yet! Tony reminded the boy as he hung out in the lab. For all they knew, Elenora was pissed off and just trying to get some real-time alone. She wasn't hurt, and she was going to be back soon, they just had to wait.

But neither of them really bought that because there was a search team of agents sent out five minutes after that conversation.

They stayed silent as they sat in the lab and waited.

Eventually, Peter would go to the bathroom and sneak out, slipping on his suit and into the streets of New York.

He wouldn't find Elenora, but he'd try his best; this was his fault.

***

Two hours after training, and no one had tracked down Elenora.

This was Connor's fault. He knew it.

Sneaking off to Charles, without her? Spending all his time thinking about Cooper and not her?

God, what was he thinking? He knew something was wrong. He knew by the way she would shudder away from the conversation and the way her fists landed harder on the punching bag than before.