029

KJ, Dash and I spent most of the night sitting down stairs on the couch watching TV. I pestered the two of them to tell me what this whole big plan was but I was told multiple times to wait.

I'm not sure what time it was when I felt a hand shake my thigh to wake me. As my eyes adjusted and took in my surroundings I took immediate comfort in seeing Dash and KJ still by my side.

"Watch." KJ pointed towards the TV that was broadcasting News 12.

My heart fell in to my stomach once I saw the news reporter standing in front of the warehouse that Carmelo had taken me to last night.

This had to be the end, at any minute cops were going to barge in to the house, guns in hand and take away KJ.

"This isn't good." I pouted dropping my head on to Dash's shoulder until the, Breaking News' at the bottom of the screen took my attention.

" I pouted dropping my head on to Dash's shoulder until the, Breaking News' at the bottom of the screen took my attention

"Money?" I raised an eyebrow reading over the banner. "what money feud? It doesn't make any sense." but neither of them answered me as the reporter continued to explain the situation.

"This downtown abandoned warehouse has seen some action last night. 26 year old Carmelo was keeping 23 year old Sean captive while trying to handle a money disputes. Sean was beaten and tortured for an unknown number of days... " The woman took a step to the side as the screen widened to show yellow police tape that covered most of the open warehouse before continuing. "Sean was able to get the upper hand against his capturer and had to take drastic measures to get free as we uncover more we will keep you posted this is Shannon Elroy with News 12 back to you Eve."

As soon as the woman finished her report KJ turned the TV off and dropped his head back on to the sofa with a sigh of relief.

"Can s-"

"Yes... yes, I'll explain." KJ interrupted me. "Once you two left and Tiggy took care of Carmelo... Cortes and I drove Sean to the hospital and during that ride the two of us came to an agreement." KJ had a smile on his face as if he was proud of himself.

"Which was ? What was the agreement?"

"To the point... even though that motherfucker shot me, I ain't want you caught up in nothing and Carmelo fucked up so I told him he blames everything on Carmelo and takes the blame for killing him... we will leave him alone." KJ lets off a yawn before he continues to speak. "Since the circumstances he shot Carmelo under his stupid ass will stay out of jail for self defense and won't have me and the boys looking for him anymore."

"What ab-"

"What about nothing just leave it alone, alright?" KJ stood up stressing his body out. "The shit is handled and if anything ain't, it'll get handled."

KJ began making his way up the stairs, I'm guessing he was heading to bed since he was just as out of it as I was the entire night.

"I love you." I heard him call down before he closed his bedroom door.