Three

"If I didn't know better, I'd say there was something going on between the two of you," Robin says after Billy walks away. He had just stolen a pencil from you locker, for the third time that week. "But surely," she continues, "you wouldn't do something that stupid."

"What would be so stupid about it?" you ask.

"You play with that kind of fire and not only will you get burned, the whole city will go up in flames."

"Dramatic!" you sing.

"I'm serious, dingus. That boy has bad, bad news written all over him."

"Funny," you say, rubbing your chin, "I don't remember seeing that last night."

Robin smacks your arm. "Does Steve know?"

"Hell no, and he's not going to. I find out you let it slip and your ass is grass."

Robin laughs. "Like I would willingly talk to Steve 'The Hair' Harrington."

*

It's weird seeing Billy in your house. It seems too normal for him, too ordinary. The way he was acting even seemed too ordinary for Billy Hargrove, menace of Hawkins High, destroyer of pussy. He was floating in your pool, in his underwear. And smiling. Billy Hargrove was smiling.

You swim over to him and wrap your legs around his chest, letting yourself float on your back. He kisses your stomach and tugs at your panties. You're surprised he hasn't taken them off, but you figure swimming reminds him of home, so you don't say anything.

You sit up suddenly, splashing Billy in the face. He laughs and kisses you, more gently than he's ever done anything.

"I have an idea," you say, climbing out of the pool. "Don't run away."

You disappear into the house and come back a minute later with your Polaroid camera. Billy's standing under a tree, smoking, and you snap a picture of him.

"Hell no," he says when he sees you. "Give me that."

"No!" you squeak and run away. He finishes his cigarette before chasing after you. He catches you, holding you over the pool with one arm. "Wait! I was just thinking we could have pictures for when we're not together. You know..."

He takes the camera from you and drops you into the pool. The water is cold and it takes your breath away. When you resurface, he's holding up a picture and laughing.

"You mother fucker!" you yell, laughing and trying to wipe water out of your eyes.

You and Billy eventually make your way to the bedroom. He takes photos as you slowly unhook your bra and slide it off. Then you face away from him, bending over and removing your panties. Next he lays you on the bed, turning you this way and that.

Photos already litter the floor before you actually start having sex. At first, Billy stops a few times to photograph something, like when he first enters you, or the way you look when you moan, but he eventually puts the camera down and focuses on you. He doesn't pick it up again until after he's cum all over your tits and stomach. You knew he'd have to capture that.

While he collects all the pictures, you lay in bed and prattle on, mostly about nothing. But it feels nice, so you keep finding something to say. Billy stands, looking at you, a smile splayed across his face.

"What? What did I miss?" you ask, mirroring his smile.

"Nothing, babe." With that, he snaps one last picture and slips it into his wallet.

You spend the next half hour divvying up the photos, Billy getting the majority of the stack. You're okay with that, though. You really just wanted a picture of him. Any picture.

*

"You're getting attached," Robin points out, a few days later.

You scoff and shake your head. "No. He's just amazing. In bed." Smooth.

She reaches into your locker and pulls out the picture of Billy smoking under the tree. "Then what's this?"

You snatch it away and shove it back in your locker. "I just forgot to bring it home," you lie lamely.

"Uh, dingus, I've been to your house a million times. I know that tree. And that yard. That came from home." She gives you an odd look. "Please be careful. I don't even understand why you like him."

"He's my Tammy Thompson," you say, causing Robin to go pink in the face. "The night that picture was taken was a really, really good night. I saw a side of him that just melted me."

Robin sighs. "If he hurts you, I'll kill him."

"You'll probably have to fight Steve for that honor."

She chuckles. "I have zero concerns about kicking his scrawny ass." You hug Robin and head to class.