𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒

PEAKY BLINDERS IN LONDON

     STARING AT THE BLAZING FIRE, Deborah ignored Tommy as he walked into the living room

STARING AT THE BLAZING FIRE, Deborah ignored Tommy as he walked into the living room. She had known he would follow her after she stormed out earlier, but she had no interest in talking to him. The only thing she could think about, was the fact he didn't trust her enough to tell anything about the Irish and up until twenty minutes ago, nothing about his business in London. They had already gone down the road of him keeping things from her and Deborah refused to go through that again.

"Why did you storm out earlier?" Tommy finally broke the silence.

Deborah didn't reply or look at him as he walked over to the table by the fire place and poured himself a glass of whiskey. She stayed curled up on the black cushioned couch, eyes locked on the dancing fire.

The man huffed at her silence and leaned an elbow on the fireplace. "You're not talking to me?" Silence. "Is this because of London?" Silence. "Fucking Christ Deborah, what are you annoyed at?"

"I'm bloody sick of you keeping things from me!" Deborah exclaimed, her frustrations getting to her. "You're meant to trust me Tommy. I'm not one of your whores you can fuck and walk away from."

"Don't fucking go there." Tommy hissed. "You know bloody well I haven't touched a whore in almost three years."

"That doesn't excuse the fact that you tell me nothing." She argued, throwing her arms in the air. "What was the plan? Bring me to London and act like some spoilt girl on your arm while you talked business? Huh? 'Cause you've done that before Tommy and in case you forgot, it didn't end well."

Tommy sighed loudly and pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Of course I didn't forget." He breathed out the smoke. "And that wasn't why I wanted you to come with us. I want you to be equally involved in our business in London as I am."

"That's only because you know that you won't make it in London without me there." Deborah pointed out, slouching back down. "You won't admit it Tommy, but you need me."

"Yeah Deb, I do need you." Tommy agreed, while putting out his cigarette and crouching down in front of her. "Not for London. I need you in my life to keep me sane, to keep me ground and to give me something to live for."

Deborah's gaze softened at his words, she knew he was speaking truthfully. Moments like this were worth all those arguments, to just hear Tommy talk about his feelings and show his emotions, meant the world to her.

"I should have died back in France. I shouldn't have made it out of those tunnels alive." Tommy began, rubbing her knee and up her exposed thigh. "But I did. Since I've been back, I haven't feared death, I didn't care if I lived or died."

"Tommy." Deborah sniffed, placing a hand on his cheek and stroking his cheek bones.

"But being with you, being loved by you, had made me want to live along life." Tommy admitted. "I want to grow old with you, Deb. I want to live your dream of moving to the countryside, getting married, having kids. I want all of that, with you." He smiled, reaching up to wipe away the tears that ran in floods down her cheeks. "But we have to get through the hard times to get what we want."