41. Dinnertime

unedited

Adonis »

"Aww Don you look so handsome." My mom said fixing my tie.

The dinner had been moved to Sunday, and my mom saw this as a reason for the entire family to dress up.

Despite many attempts, neither me or Farrah was able to get out of it.

"Eden, is that young man gonna be here?" My mom asked Eden as she finished setting the table.

She's repeatedly asked him to invite Adam, and he promised he would...but I'm sure he didn't.

"He can't make it." Eden mumbled.

My mom seemed to be the only one excited about this dinner. Eden wasn't buying the nice act just like I wasn't. Even if my mom claimed to be okay with Eden's sexuality, he wanted to keep his boyfriend far away from her.

"Aw man, that's too bad. Farrah's mother let me know they'd be here soon. Has anyone seen Noel?"

"I'm up here mommy!"

"Come down, our guests will be here soon."

"Will you help me with my dress??"

My mom sighed, before jogging upstairs.

Once she was gone, Eden turned to me.

"How you feeling?" He asked me.

"Nervous. I've never met Farrah's mom. Do you think she-"

"You'll be fine man."

"You didn't invite Adam?"

"Hell no. I don't trust mom right now..she's on some weird shit. Adam needs no part in her games."

"Eden...can I ask you something?"

"Uh sure?"

"So, hypothetically...if Adam were to get a guy's number, and claim-"

Before I was able to finish, my mom returned downstairs with Noel in her dress.

"What you two chatting about?" My mom asked.

"Uhh..the..economy." I said, causing Eden to roll his eyes.

"Oh..interesting. Well look, Farrah and her mom will be here any second so-"

She was interrupted by the doorbell.

"Noel, sit down and don't get up. If you mess up that dress, that's your behind. You got it?"

"Yes." Noel smiled as she sat next to me.

"Good, I'll be right back."

Farrah »

Is my mom drove me to Adonis' house, she got lost at the top of the neighborhood. I was close to telling her directions, but I stopped myself. I remembered I had to pretend that I'd never been here, so I watched her drive down the wrong street twice.