The Final Chapter

Thank you so much to everyone! It's an absolute DREAM to have made it this far with this book, and I'm so happy you all liked it! 

happy reading!

-Kingdombyers

******

(Y/N POV)

Lover.

"He's fine, right?" I asked as soon as I walked into the tower.

"Mr. Parker's chamber is fully functioning."

"Thank god."

I passed through security swiftly, getting into the elevator. Before the doors closed, Happy waved his arm in between the panels to stop it from shutting.

"This isn't healthy," he said, "I know how much he means to you, but raising someone from the dead is impossible."

"Trust me on this one, Hap."

"I'm serious, let the boy rest."

I shook my head, and pressed the door close button, "He deserves a life."

I was determined to make this work. Strange didn't go through all that trouble to tell me what I could do to save Peter, and this was my last chance. I needed him back.

I made my way to the 80th floor, trying to work through the reviving process I was going to do. Should I start by activating the reactor first? Once the elevator doors slid open, I stalked out onto the concrete ground, making a beeline to the suit room.

I hadn't been in there for years, and I wasn't sure what was going to happen once I walked in. All I knew was that the heart had to be in there.

I stopped outside of the glass doors, peering inside. Suits were lined up against the walls, their metal glittering in the sun's reflection. It was eerily silent, and I there was dust littering the bar my father would frequently drink at.

"Okay," I said, pushing open the door, "let's do this."

As soon as I stepped in, the lights flickered on and a mechanical buzzing filled the room. The walls started to light up with astral projections of constellations, and the interior cases for each individual suit lit up in thier designated colors.

"Welcome back Miss Stark," Ethan said, "to the Hall of Armor."

"Thanks," I mumbled, my eyes glued to the sight of the room.

"All functioning technology is back online. Would you like to cancel this action?"

"No, it's alright."

"Very well, then."

In the center of the room was the Arc Reactor, covered by a protective layer. I placed my hand on top of the glass box, and it popped open after sensing my fingerprints. The cold air that had been preserving the heart spilled out onto the table, creating a foggy glow around the room.