Blue's Food

Axel's POV

I sit on my bed, petting Blue. She purrs under my hand and I relax. "Good girl." Blue softly licks my hand as I praise her. Blue's good mood provides a momentary escape for me. It distracts me from Hazel.

I know she didn't anything by it, but Hazel has no place petting Blue and waking her up, or getting up on my bed. Me and Blue have shared my bed for years, Hazel coming here won't change that fact.

"She won't replace you, Blue," I promise my sweet Blue. She purrs and continues to lick my hand lovingly. I smooth my messy bed sheets and fix some blankets around her.

She rolls onto her back, going belly up for me. "You're such a sweet cat, you know that, Blue?"

I sigh, looking at the clock.

I told Hazel to go get in her cage about half an hour ago. I know she should be there by now, but I don't want to get up. I told her I'd come see her to bed though, so with much reluctance I head down the hall.

The floor creaks beneath me and I try to be as quiet as possible, knowing the creaking floor scares Hazel.

It's not that I don't like the girl, she just... she doesn't really belong here. It's not her fault, I brought her here, I know. This just isn't her home, you know?

This is where Blue and I have lived. Yeah, Blue isn't human, but she's been through everything with me. Blue is better than any submissive. Blue doesn't talk back, or misbehave. She doesn't ask me for stuff. All Blue wants is my attention and food. I can give her that.

A submissive wants so much more though. Submissives always want to be worshiped by their dominants. They want to be pampered and groomed. They always want new things, new clothes. I have no interest in a submissive.

Hazel is just sick right now, she'll turn bratty and demanding soon, just like all subs do. Yeah, she was different at the facility, but that's because she was scared. She'll start misbehaving soon and she'll drop the 'I'm so afraid' act and become bratty again.

I can't hate her for it, it's just a submissive's nature.

That's why it's best to keep my distance from her. I can use her to learn how to take care of a submissive and then once I've learned, I can get rid of her. Or maybe I'll keep her, she is pretty.

No, I can't keep her.

Abby was right that it was mean to say she's useless, but it's true. When it comes down to it, all she is, is another mouth to feed. She can't do chores or work. She can't raise children or even do scenes probably.

She does seem nice though.

Well, actually I don't know what to think of her. She's small and frail, but she does fight and I don't like that. I hadn't expected her to struggle against me. I was obviously bigger and she wouldn't win.

She was lucky I felt too bad to slap her again, or else I would have when she kept fighting me on the collar.

I pause in the hallway door, looking in at her. She's curled up in her cage like I told her too. The cage's door is already closed and all I have to do it click the clock shut.

She may have been cheap, but I can't chance her running away.

I need her to train. Without her, I won't learn how to do it and no one is going to give me their own sub to by my test dummy.

I watch her sleep for a moment, the dim light from the kitchen reflects off her hair, making it shine. My mood dampens when I focus back onto the bruise on her cheek.