FORTY-TWO

"El! Eleven! The source!" y/n screamed as she jogged down the metal stairs, dodging the sparks of fire above her, jumping onto the ground and running past the right side of the mind flayer. "Seven feet Eleven! Seven fe-!" she was quickly interrupted when she felt cold goo against the back of her legs.

she was lifted into the air, tumbling back to the floor backwards, screaming out when landing directly on her shoulder feeling an enormous stinging pain rush through and her collarbone feeling weak and her breathe cut short as well as grasping for air.

she noticed the flesh arm on the creature pulling itself back just as she tried coughing her breath back to normal as well as rolling on her back towards her right.

the arm threw itself onto the ground making a mark threw the floor, y/n sucked in as much breath as she could, pulling herself up only to fall back down at the sharp pain through her collarbone, using her legs to push herself away from the creature.

she stood up, holding onto her right elbow, trying prevent from moving it too much meanwhile running and inhaling sharply towards the huddle. Watched as Billy's large fist were beside of Eleven's shoulder's and El's hand crawl against his cheek.

Y/n skidded against the floor, falling to the ground, landing on her left wrist with her back facing towards the mind flayer. She sat to notice that they were both crying.

Billy looked up at the h/c haired girl, he looked broken and y/n watched as each blue vein began to vanish from his skin. She trailed her hand over his bruised knuckles and had a whiplash of memories from 1982-1984.

She recalled her best and cherished moments with her dad, such as allowing  her to spend times with the boys and to go and have sleepovers with them too before she was quickly interuppted by the worst of times.

Like watching as his foot came through the door and having to clean that mess up, watching Will's lifeless body appear from the water and her parents not caring, or that time her dad called her a slut.  

The memories suddenly stopped feeling claws dig into her ankles, piercing through her scabs again and dragging her back, her shoulder hurt so awfully bad trying to reach out but that was the least her her worries at that time.

A hand.

Two hands grabbed at her wrist firmly and she opened her eyes, her ears fuzzy, explosions were no longer ringing and she couldn't even hear herself scream. She looked to see blond ringlets on a boy's forehead and dangling from the back o his neck, Y/n thought Billy's would look dead, as if he wasn't even using his own body but one look at his face and she knew, she just knew that he was determined into saving her life, a friend of Max's, a teen that was younger than him and he wanted to save her life.

They both grunted, Billy and the Mind Flager both playing tug of war and used y/n as the rope, his arms gripped onto he arm, the girl looping her arm around his shoulders, he often lost his footing until pulling them onto the floor the pair of them, ripping the claw off y/n's leg.