Chapter 27

- A/N - Readers: I am so sorry that I have been MIA for so long! I have had a hard time getting myself to continue writing this story, despite my love for all the characters in it. I promise that I will finish the story and give you guys a happy ending, but I will be moving the story along faster that I had originally planned. Again, I am so sorry, but know that your support means the world to me!

Marinette was a nervous wreck, and she knew that Adrien, her friends, and her parents were also feeling a similar way - though they were very carful not to let her see. She just wanted to do what was best for her baby, but anymore she didn't know what was best and she didn't know what she needed to do so that her baby would be delivered healthy.

But she was lucky enough to have countless people around her who continued to support her and give her advice and never-ending love. With this she was able to make it through another month of her pregnancy. She was now eight months along and at this point her stomach was very distended. Though she was still almost two months until her original due date, being only just barely eighteen and having such a petite frame, it made for her looking to be extremely pregnant, even at this stage.

Her and Adrien were able to go shopping and get all that they needed for the expected arrival of little Louis - with the help of Gabriel and Marinette's parents. They rearranged Marinette's large room to make one corner a little nursery devoted to all things baby and little boy. Marinette had no complaints about her job of sitting in her office chair and guiding Adrien and her dad in where to place each individual piece of furniture.

There were now even more things that she was unable to do because her body was weakened, especially with the effects of her preeclampsia. She got tired so much easier. She was lucky that her schedule this year ended up just so, giving her an opportunity each day to make the quick walk to her house and take a nap in order to rejuvenate herself and prepare for more studying.

At this point she did very little to help Chat in his duties as one of Paris' superheroes. When there came a need for a superhero to intervene in the well-being of Paris, they both transformed into their alter-egos, but while Chat ran to the scene of the crime, Ladybug headed to Master Fu's apartment. Chat was able to stay in contact with Ladybug through his staff and her yo-yo even when he was fighting and the screen of the device was closed. They kept up a constant flow of conversation. Ladybug watched the news to try to keep up with the goings-on and listened as Chat narrated what was happening and what he was doing. Ladybug gave advice to help him in his advance and answered any questions that he posed to her. If it got to the point where Chat was unable to handle it on his own Ladybug would ask Chat for his opinion on who should help, then she would venture out and as fast as she could, while also doing her best to protect her baby she would find Alya, Nino, or Chloe – whoever was best suited to the situation. She would then fill them in on the situation and tell them where to meet Chat.

Once the battle was over Chat would meet Ladybug at a nearby park. If there was an akuma Chat would carefully catch it then bring it to Ladybug who would then de-evilize it. They would celebrate their victory with a hug, before safely de-transforming and then celebrating more openly as Marinette and Adrien. It was a harder routine then they had been used to in the last four years, but they were able to do what needed to be done, and it would only be a month until Louis was born and then another month until she would be able to get back into the full swing of her duties as Ladybug.

Marinette knew that she would not be able to fight with her condition, but even more so she knew that there was no way in earth or hell that Adrien would ever let her get near any kind of danger, let alone allow her to fight that danger head on. She was willing to take a step back from the danger for her baby and for Adrien.