Chapter 14 (edited)

Adrien's POV

All this soulmate stuff was messing with my head. How could this be real? How could they believe this, I mean this could have been true decades ago but now it just sounded like an old legend. And my soulmate is this beautiful girl who has the respect of her people as I can see it in that small interaction. It was like that lady worship her. She must be good at her work to achieve that. Looking around her place I can tell that she is loaded. Then why would she be interested in someone like me? I mean I'm not putting myself down or something but she is way out of my league. What she is saying can't be true, it doesn't make any sense. Yet I know she is telling the truth cause I feel the same way. I even feel that sparks and I thought that I was going crazy.

I can't say yes I have responsibilities of my own, I have to take care of my family. But I think she understands that. I don't know what to do. Why do I even decide yet? I thought I would have a lifetime before I have taken such a decision. If this "mate" thing is that serious for her doesn't that mean she won't have anyone else even if I reject her, then how could she let me go. I know won't do that. I don't want to reject her though I don't think I know what it exactly means. But it does sound cruel. Ahhh..... why do I have to decide?

"Okay, I've made my decision. And I decided that I want to give us a chance before deciding anything. " I finally told her and watch relief fill her body and watch her relax.

I can't help but feel guilty. I was responsible for making her feel this way. Maybe my guilt or maybe the "bond" made me hug her but I was glad that I did when I felt her melt in my arms. Holding her feel so right, maybe it was just me wanting to comfort her.

We were standing there for a while and I'm not complaining I could do this for my whole life. But like every good thing this came to end when a guy cleared his throat to get our attention. He was sending daggers with his eyes towards me.

" Umm... Adrien this is my elder brother Kyle and Kyle this is Adrien. " She introduced us. Ohh now it makes sense same hair colour and daggers of course he is her brother.

Edena and Kyle just keep starring at each other like having a conversation in their head. Then he left without even looking at me twice. Okay, that went smooth.

"Let's go have breakfast. It must be ready by now. " She said trying to save the moment though she didn't need to. I also have two sisters so I understand what her brother feels.

We went to the dining area, Kyle was already sitting there. Edena sat on the head chair and Kyle was sitting at other ends so I end up sitting next to Edena. Not that I'm complaining. The lady who was cooking started serving us. And we started eating without saying anything to anyone. This was awkward, I could still feel daggers being thrown at my way. But I chose to ignore them. Just then two guys enter the room and sat there like they own the place. Maybe they did. But she told me that only her brother and she lives here. The one guy with glasses looks at me with sympathy but the other guy. He was looking at me with emotion I can only decipher as hatred. Is he her boyfriend? No that can be possible.

I might be looking tense so she put her hand on mine to calm me down before start talking, " Guys this is Adrien and Adrien this is Jay and this Tyler " While pointing at each one of them, "And they are mine and Kyle's best friend. We are more like family and they care about me like their sister. And can be a complete ass sometimes."

"Hey," Said the one whose name I think is Tyler before smacking her at the back of the head. I could feel the anger burning in me. How dare he, but before I could react she stood up.

" Tyler and Kyle I need to talk to you guys." She said to them but none of them reacted.

" Now", she said again but this time with authority that they can't ignore. Three of them left the room.

" Don't worry about them. We all just care about her way too much. In our group of four, she is the only girl. She knows how to rule us and we just have an instinct to protect her even if she didn't need that. But don't worry they will come around. " Jay assured me.

I just nodded in reply and kept my focus on my plate. She's been gone for a long. When will she be back? And I was thinking of leaving this girl. How was I going to manage that since I can't stay away from her for a couple of seconds?

When did I fell this deep?