Chapter 16

It was impossible for us 8 year olds to carry him, so I decided to leave Ace near Taras. He seemed pretty shaken and cannot move at the first sight of an unconscious person so I had to call him several times.

I ran immediately and tried to find some adults. It's lunch break and this courtyard is connected with the High School Division, I'll surely encounter some students. Besides, the faculty of teachers are pretty far and time is precious, I can't waste any time. He's losing blood and he's only a kid.

I don't know what to do because there wasn't any events like these cited in the novel. It didn't have any of Taras' backgrounds and past, except of the part about him being a classmate of Richard and a son of a firearms and weaponry company owner.

I shouted.

"HELP!!"

"HELP!! ANYONE!!"

I shouted this while running. The courtyard is huge but how come I haven't seen any person yet? Is this the novel in effect? Just like how most of the scenes only have the characters in it and seldom of any background ones? I panicked. 

Mobile phones aren't allowed within the vicinity so I have no way of contacting my teacher or the authorities.

In that moment, I felt something inside me merged.

This truly isn't fiction anymore.

I may have said I had already accepted it, but I've always nonchalantly viewed this world as a spectator.

But now, with my little body gasping for breath, running wildly and shouting at the top of my lungs for the life at stake, I felt alive and living.

____________________________

Living in this reality.

And the possibility that.....

Somebody may die if I don't do something.

It struck me...

 I was heading towards the high school cafeteria. I didn't notice I ran that fast and long. I tried and ran faster. I'll definitely exercise after this, it seems I'm athletic.

Even if it isn't allowed, I dashed in the cafeteria.

"PLEASE HELP ME!!"

The high school students looked at me and seeing an 8 year old child hear they proceeded to give me a scolding but I cut them short.

"MY FRIEND IS IN DANGER!!"

My voice is so hoarse and I'm so tired but then a boy approached me.

"Are you saying the truth? Please leave if you're lying, we had enough of you kids."

Seeing the desperation in my eyes, a girl approached me. I had no time to look at her but she believed me.

"Please follow me, miss. Thank you."

"Wait! Rest first!"

Although she said that, I dashed immediately, I can't waste time.

Seeing how the girl followed the kid, the high school boy had no choice but to follow.

He had to admit he runs fast.

"Seriously, do you believe him?" he asked the girl as he caught up with her.

"Are you stupid? He's so tired you know. He looked desperate!"

And then they reached the tree. There a boy is crying and holding his friend's head.

"I-I r-read that to s-stop bleeding, y-you need pressure." Ace tearily said.

I'm running out of breath so much that I no longer hear anything instead of my heart beating like crazy and blood rushing to my head, but that crying sight of Ace and pale face of Taras, full of blood made me stay firm.

"The infirmary is this way!" I shouted and proceeded to run again, they might not now where it is since they renovated the elementary buildings, as what our teacher said.

The high school boy didn't miss a beat and carried Taras.

The elder sister then comforted Ace.

*This is my first time writing a story, I'm so sorry if it's ugly. Your reviews will gladly help me ^_^*