Chapter Sixty-Two

"It's you guys..." Nikolo said.

Arriving at the restaurant where Nikolo worked, the small group of Scouts and Onyankopon waited at the entrance for the Marleyan Chef. Nikolo came to greet his guests just as he was told that there were people waiting for him, at first when he didn't know who these guests were, he cursed since he was busy cooking the best food for his special guests, the Blouse family, but when he came to meet them, he was shocked to find the Scouts and Onyankopon to be his surprise visitors.

"What're you doing at this time? I'm quite busy as I'm taking important guests right now." Nikolo said.

"Yes, it' doesn't matter if you go back to work. But we just want to talk to you after you're done." Hange explained.

"Talke? About what?"

"I'm worried there could be something..."

"The volunteers are under-arrest," Onyankopon said. "Please, cooperate with our request."

"Okay, understood. But first, follow me." Nikolo led them to a room where a few tables were set, and a wine cabinet was stacked with wine glasses and wine bottles. "Please, wait here."

"There is a room like this after all." Hange mused.

"In any cause isn't it for the Military Police?" Iris said.

"That wine you hear so much about, sounds like only officers get to drink it." Jean muttered.

"What's that? Aren't we Survey Corps Officers too?" Connie said.

"Yeah, we deserve a treat, even now and then. Just a sip –"

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF THAT!" Nikolo grabbed the bottle from Jean's hands. His actions startled everyone in the room.

"What? It was just a little joke, no need to overreact." Jean said.

"This would be wasted on Eldians." Nikolo sneered.

Iris glared at Nikolo, seeing his sudden change of character.

"Are you still going on about that stuff, Nikolo? Does booze care what race are?" Jean said as he grabbed Nikolo by his shirt.

"Don't touch me, Eldian! Just because I was kind to you doesn't mean we're buddies!"

"Who do you think you are? You know that you're..."

"Nothing but pow?" Nikolo smirked "Guess that means we're even, Eldian."

When Nikolo left with his bottle of wine, Iris had her eye on the Marleyan Chef, suspicious about his actions, but she wasn't the only one. Leon too noticed Nikolo's behavior.

"What's his problem?" Connie muttered.

"I don't understand." Jean said.

While they thought about Nikolo's behavior, all Iris could think about was the wine. What was in that wine that Nikolo had to protect it from them?

After a while of waiting, the sudden sound of ruckus and yelling was heard from outside. Leaving the room that Nikolo had them stay, Iris and Mikasa saw Armin standing at the door to the restaurant, with an alarmed expression on his face.

"What is it?" Iris asked.

"It's bad! Everyone, get over here!" Armin said.

Running to the restaurant, Iris saw the scene: Nikolo holding a bleeding child in his arm, while another child had a bleeding nose, and was on the floor. She recognized the girl and felt a sudden chill down her spine.