Chapter 30

I am now wearing the suit Mom designed.

It was colored white with gold linings at the collar. It looked more like a military cadet's uniform.

Well it's understandable, it's princess themed.

It felt like I was cosplaying. So embarrassing.

Why do I have to wear this but you guys wear decent clothing!?

My Mom just smiled at me and kept on getting photos. She seemed to read my mind.

My Dad tapped my back.

“You'll get used to it, son ”

Even if I am embarrassed, I had to admit the suit looked cool. I also had my hair swept back with few bangs that managed to land on my forehead.

I look handsome.

I kinda look forward to how I will look in the future. I was never good looking in my past life. It's a waste I didn't get to be reincarnated as the beautiful villainess, but I had to admit, I'm thankful I became a handsome guy.

It's a shame because I became the villain though.

***

We then went to the venue.

Laeticia will be seven years old now.
I wonder if Richard attended here. Even if the novel stated they first met when she was eight, I changed some of the plots. There may have been discrepancies now in the story and they may have met earlier.

“By the way, Mom,Dad, I can't dance. I hope I don't dance. ”

“You'll be fine, even if you suck it's fine cause it's a kid's party. Though other rich parents will judge you haha!”

Dad may have tried to console me but he just made me feel worse.

“Don't listen to your father. You'll be fine. You can just say that to Laeticia's parents. They'll understand. ”

I really hope so. Especially with Mr. Robert there. I feel like he'll be glad to know my weakness and humiliate me in front of his daughter. He hates me after all.

We arrived at the gates. It was huge.
And then the driveway was also lengthy and filled with trees full of lanterns, illuminating the snowy scenery.

Then I saw the house.

It was a contemporary design. With two large steel doors at the center of the house, sheltered by a huge entrance with stone pillars. The house 's front view is filled with glass panels. The rooms inside and the furniture could be seen with warm and stylish fixtures for light. Entering inside, we were led to the east wing of the house, to the separate building.

It's the great hall.

This is the first party I attended in this world. I cant believe this is just a birthday party of a seven year old.
This looks like a wedding..just kidding.

But seriously, the hall was so large yet so many people are here. There were bustling servants here and there and the setting feels like being in a castle.
Then I noticed there were three thrones erected at the stage.

Heh, I'll see Mr. Robert dressed as a king haha.

But this hall could be seen as a stadium, the more modern and beautiful one.

I followed my parents and we greeted many people. I almost forgot which was who if it weren't for my parents backing me up. Forgetting the name of investors is a huge mistake and as a future heir, I must learn how to do this efficiently.

I listened to their talk about business to try get an idea how to talk smoothly and know the happenings in the business world. I discovered that there was a new production company making a fuss in the showbusiness. The Diamond Production.

In the novel, that company was like a dark horse, with its film full of unknown stars yet making it to the blockbusters. The businessmen and women tried to invest there. Little did they know that they'll lose that money. The production company's president got involved in human trafficking, sexual harassment and plagiarism. The company paid a huge alimony and got bankrupt. It was a huge loss and the investors didn't got a chance to claim any consolation money.

Years after that issue, Richard decided to invest in a small production company. The said company hired the abused writers and staffs of the Diamond Production. The president, directors and board of directors apparently stole their credits to all of those works. The small production company, after the investment, managed to become famous.

It's name is Crystal Films. The main character managed to discover such company after the villainess recommended it. She liked the story submitted to her by a writer there and opened the talk about investment to Richard.

He benefitted so much from it.

I don't understand why many female readers got crazy over him, he's just a usurper once you looked at him unbiasedly.

“So, Mr. and Mrs. Alphonse, would you like to invest? I know the president of Diamond Productions.”

The man said to my parents, definitely  his eyes are shining. He's probably thinking they'll say yes.

As my mother and father looked at each other, they told him they'll think about it.

The man tried not to show the disappointment in his face.

“Alright, though a lot of other business owners are buying our stocks like crazy. Good day.”

As he left, I looked at my parents. They seemed to be a little disappointed when they heard that too. I don't want them to be persuaded.

“Don't you think it's suspicious? While listening, I noticed how every famous films of them belong to the very same people. The actors and actresses sound mysterious too. Where did they hire them? Even the media men cannot trace their address and past. Plus their president...he's a male right yet his staffs are mostly young females and why share the same tattoo as a proof of working there?”

That company needed to tattoo it's actors and actresses because they identify their value based on the designs. The president sells them to the highest bidder and those bidders use drugs as payment sometimes. These were later revealed in the reason why it got bankrupt. Richard's family, the Henney, invested there and lost a huge sum of money. It started the reason why he hated production companies as well as actors and actresses. Though Laeticia told him about the Crystal Films, he didn't immediately invested. But when Amelia told him that her friend works there and he must help the poor, he immediately do so.

“Wow son, you'll make a great businessman. Let's hear the real reason behind that reluctance to invest.” my Dad discovered me.

“I just don't trust them and besides, we'll have plenty of chances to foster other talents and be the biggest stockholder in the other company while most of them eye that Diamond Productions and fight over themselves. ” I said honestly.

“Fufu...you really took after me. Thank goodness you just got your looks and not intellect from your stupid father.”

“Wha-..I'm not dumb Sylv! Because I got to marry you.”

Mother blushed. She's cute when she blushes and Dad looks dotingly at her. They really don't look like a couple with a ten year old son. Especially mother, she still looks like in mid twenties.

Aaa! This atmosphere is so sickly sweet.

“A-anyway..I only heard from few sources that there are some 'underlying circumstances' about that production company. I never believed it though, especially since that source tends to lie mostly.”

“Well, it doesn't hurt to be cautious anyway.” Father said.

She's still blushing but she managed to finish it. She seemed to notice our warm gazes because she glared at us.

The lights then suddenly died.

We heard Mr. Robert's voice.

“Welcome to our daughter's birthday party. I hope you all have a great time here.”