Chapter 14

"Honey, I'm home." Andre voiced as the apartment door open but unlike regular times I didn't answer him back, I couldn't. My throat was dried from all the tears and Liana's loud screams didn't make it any better. "Hey."

  I turned around with Liana in my arms and look at my smiling husband in tears but his smile was quickly replaced by a worried frown. He walked towards me quickly, "What's wrong? Are you okay? Is she okay?"

"She's been crying for the past thirty minutes and I don't know what to do."

Andrea looked and me sincerely then lift his hands to Liana's forehead then neck, "She feels fine."

I shook my head, "Somethings wrong."

  Andrea smirked, "Maybe she misses her daddy." There is no doubt that Liana had a special attachment to her daddy. She can know everything about him, how he looks, smells and talk and that's why as soon as she touches his arms her tears quickly disappear. Their bond is just remarkable. 

I hissed and rolled my eyes at him, "I'm serious, Andrea."

   He sighed, "Fine but let's test out the daddy solution before you jump to a conclusion."He took Liana out of my arms and rocked her on his shoulders like he does all time but the crying didn't stop which proved me right.  "Something's wrong." 

I nod, agreeing. "We should take her to the hospital."

"Good Idea. Let's go."

    I looked at Andre then started walking towards the door he'd just came through. I opened the door wide in front of them to come through and then close the door behind us. We walked over to the elevator and waited for it in silence. We were both contemplating all the possible scenarios. 

I looked and up at Andre with tears still in my eyes. 

"She's strong like her mommy, she'll be fine."

..........

"This is your first baby, isn't it?" the nurse in pink scrubs said smiling at us. 

I nod and Andre said, "Yes."

"Is it obvious?" I asked. 

   She laughed showing her perfect teeth. "Yes, it is. But it's a good thing. Your baby was crying nonstop and you guys did what every loving and first-time parent do, Run to the hospital."

I frowned not quite understanding her, "So we shouldn't have come to the hospital?"

  She laughed, "On the contrary. You did the right thing by coming to the hospital this evening. Now I can give you a remedy for the next time this happens. Your baby has a soother correct?"

Andre and I nod simultaneously. 

"Since she's constantly sucking on that soother, she developed gas. Nothing too serious, she's just having a bug."

I frowned, "So why did the doctor take her."

  She smiled, "Dr. Olive is going to give baby Giuliana some of her famous Chamomile tea. It works like charm and it have her sleeping all through the night."

"That's the solution?" Andrea asked with a frown.

The nurse smiled, "Yes, some hot tea instead of milk is good to kill the tummy ache."

I facepalmed myself, "I can't believe I was panicking over gas."

The nurse laughed, "It just shows how much you two love your baby."

I smiled at her and all the tension of the past half hour started to fade. 

"Guess who's sleeping?" I lift my head and looked at the smiling paediatrician who held Liana tightly in her arms. "Little Gigi just needed some tea. She'll be fine."