𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝

———✰———

"I found him" El announced the next day when she was trying to find Hopper in Mike's basement with the others.

"Where is he?" Veronica asked softly.

"Woods" El told them.

"Woods?" Lucas asked confused to why Hopper would be in the woods.

"He's with Will's mom" Eleven confirmed.

"My-my Mom?" Will said confused

"What are they doing?" Max questioned the girl.

"Ill annoy. They're going to ill-annoy" Eleven told them slowly and they frowned confused other than Veronica who had an idea of what the girl was talking about but before she could say anything Mike's mom was knocking on the basement door.

"Mike! Breakfast!" Karen shouted down to him.

"Not now, mom" He shouted back in the usual tone he used when screaming up at him mom which always made Veronica jump which she did.

"Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?" Veronica rambled out a little too quickly as El took the cloth off of her head.

"ill-annoy" Eleven stammered not really sure if it was the state Veronica was talking about or not.

Minutes later Veronica took El to the bathroom to wash the blood from under her nose with Max "Does it still hurt?" Veronica questioned caringly to the brunette who was examining the bruise around her neck in the mirror.

"Only when I talk," El told her softly which made Veronica wince in pity slightly.

"Well, it's a good thing you're not me or Mike then. Cause we never stop talking" Veronica teased making the other two chuckles lightly.

"You'd be in constant pain" Max added lightly making them giggle all the more.

"Somethings not right" Mike rambles in the basement walking back and forth "I can't get Hopper off my back all summer because I hang out with Veronica and El too much, now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Will's mom to Illinois? And Dustin's MIA, too? I mean this can't be a coincidence."

"What does it matter? The bottom line is, they're not here. It's up to us." Lucas said eating from a cereal box.

"Up to us to do what exactly?" Mike asked him still pacing.

"Find Billy and stop him," Lucas said his voice slightly softer.

"Okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if El could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?" Mike challenged.

"We burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time," Lucas told him.

"Okay, then what?" Mike carried on.