Step 2

At first, the fight was going perfect for Todoroki.

Midoriya was slowly breaking himself down while all he had to do was keep sending ice his way. His frostbite had hardly even started, and Midoriya was down 3 fingers. The anger his father was surely feeling was just icing on the cake.

Now though, about three-fourths of the ring remained after his latest attack, Midoriya had randomly pulled a whole new way of fighting out of his ass, and now he had a broken nose while being pressured against the edges of the ring.

Only one thing could go through Todoroki's head,

'What the hell is going on!?'

All the while, as Todoroki's exasperation grew, so did Midoriya's frustration.

As soon as the fight had resumed, things immediately turned for the 9th inheritor's favor. Todoroki had tried to use his ice to slide away from the edge of the ring, but Midoriya needed Todoroki to stay stressed and pressured. He needed the heterochromatic teen always on edge, figuratively and literally. It was easier to convince someone to do something that way.

That was how the other bullies would convince him to do things for them back at Aldera. Like let them cheat off his answers, do their homework for them, etc. They would corner him and wouldn't let him out until he agreed. It was the only harassment Kacchan didn't take part in. He would never want, or need Deku's help with anything educational.

Using his new technique, Midoriya leapt forward in the blink of an eye, and dealt a right hook to Todoroki's jaw.

"5% TEXAS SMASH!!!"

However, Todoroki's reflexes kicked in and he grabbed onto Midoriya's right shoulder, encasing it in ice. Midoriya planted both feet on Todoroki's chest and pushed off. Landing 7-8 meters away.

"WHOOOOAAAH!!! ITS SEEEMS OUR MEAN, GREEN, BONE BREAKING MACHINE HAS JUST PULLED A NEW TRICK OUT OF HIS HAT!!! HE MANAGED TO NOT BREAK HIS BONES WITH THAT ATTACK!!! WHAT DO YA THINK ABOUT YOUR STUDENTS NEW MOVES ERASER!?!?!?" Present Mic blared over the intercom.

Aizawa just sighed in what sounded like relief, "Thank goodness, finally."

All Might viewed the fight in awe, wide-eyed and slack jawed at what seemed to be his protégé finally grasping One for All in a whole new way.

'Did...Did I teach him that?......I'll just take what I can get and go with yes.'

Back in the ring, Midoriya's body felt like a human Pac-Man level. His power moving to and from all corners of his body ('All Might was right, I need to stop with these weird analogies'). His punch hadn't had as much power to it as he had hoped.

'Switching between my arms and legs is too slow. One for All couldn't make it in time for the hit. It was essentially just a regular punch. Not to mention my already broken fingers. Hopefully his frostbite will slow him down and compensate for my switching.'

Midoriya transported his power to his left arm, and punched the ice off of his shoulder. He had no more time to think because Todoroki immediately blasted more ice his direction.

With no time to switch to his legs, he batted away the ice with a backhand. It was nowhere near as effective as his finger flicks, but it smashed the smaller ice attack. Todoroki began to rush away from the edge of ring, using his right foot to send a curved glacier attack at Midoriya.