After the Fight

As Midoriya was being carried off of what remained of the ring on a stretcher, Yaoyorozu, Uraraka, Iida, and Asui all stood, about to rush down to check on the Quirk Inheritor's status. As Momo began running out the door, she was stopped by Jirou. "Hey! Where are you going, Yaomomo?"

Yaoyorozu stopped and looked to Jirou. In all of the events that had transpired that day, she had almost forgotten about her purple haired rocker best friend, Kyouka. "Sorry Kyouka, but I really need to go check on Midoriya."

"Wait, Midoriya? Not that I'm not concerned for his health, but I just didn't know you guys were close."

Yaoyorozu looked back, twiddling her thumbs, "It's...a fairly recent connection. You can come if you want, but if not I really need to get down there."

"Uh, yeah. Sure." Jirou was still a little confused. It really wasn't that she didn't care about Midoriya's health. They haven't spoken too much, but when they did he had always seemed like a really nice guy. She once caught him listening to a band she liked when his headphone cord unplugged when it caught onto a door handle. She also saw him laugh at quite a few of her jabs at Kaminari. She could easily see being friends with him someday. But right now the only real male friend she had in class was Kaminari, and he was an idiot. The girls were kind of a tight knit group in class as of yet with the exception of Uraraka.

So now all of a sudden in the past hour her best friend had magically grown fond of the Green-Headed Bone Buster. Yaomomo was looking nearly panicked for Midoriya right then. Her focus only on getting to him. Kyouka had more than a few questions. Her first one being, 'Why the hell does it bother me so much?'

She would have to save the questions for later, for they had arrived at Recovery Girl's stadium office. Before they could open the door, Recovery Girl popped her head out of the door. "I'm sorry. I know you're worried, but you can't come in. I have to put this numbskull through surgery."

"SURGERY!" they all said in shock. Recovery Girl flinched at the sudden noise. She checked her ears and continued.

"Yes, surgery. It's nothing too bad, it's just on his hand. Three of his fingers were broken twice. I need to remove the bone shards that have fallen out of place and put back together what I can. My quirk will be able to heal the rest when he wakes up and recuperates."

'That still sounds kinda bad,' the U.A students thought in unison. But, they still couldn't help but sigh in relief that their friend wasn't too hurt.

Momo put a hand over her heart and sighed happily, "Oh thank goodness".

She missed the raised eyebrows she was getting from Uraraka and Jirou.

"However..." All eyes snapped back to Recovery Girl, who had an almost guilty look on her face. "...with how long the surgery will take, how long it will take for him to wake up, gain his stamina back, and then lose it due to my quirk, and finally I'll have to test him for post-concussion syndrome, that could take 1 and a half to possibly 3 hours. I'm sorry, but I've called up to Eraser and told him to withdraw Midoriya from the tournament."

"WHAT?!" they all yelled in unison.

Momo tried to speak up, "But Midoriya earned this! It's important to him! That's not fair. You can't just-"

"Stop yelling. Ugh, but yes I know it's not fair. I'm sorry but he needs time to heal. Time I doubt will be given. I've already healed Young Todoroki, he's going to continue on by default."

"But-" Before Yaoyorozu could continue, Iida put a hand on her shoulder, signalling her to stop.

"I'm not happy either Yaoyorozu, none of us are. But... she's right. We can't have Midoriya going out there to fight in bad condition." Momo looked down in dejection, knowing they were right. Recovery Girl took this as acceptance.