Chapter Sixty-Three

Boot Camp

Standing in a platoon, Firo stood at the middle as he listened to the orders that Shadis was giving them. He fell a sudden flood of emotions come to him as he swallowed every word that their Commander was telling them.

"As you know now that Commander-In-Chief Zackley has been killed... the state of affairs within the Army Corps and within the Walls has fallen into unstable circumstances. But it has nothing to do with anyone in the Training Corps. The 109th class of training will proceed as planned. We'll be heading out for training to defend Shinganshina District against Titan attacks!"

Titans?! We haven't trained that much... for the past few years, all we did was focus on fighting humans... Firo thought as panic began to surge his body. Is this what you felt when they came that day in Trost? Iris... what's happening?!

"It's been a while since since we've practiced slashing the nape of a Titan neck with swords... things like Titans won't even be attacking us anymore, right?" said a cadet.

"Aren't the enemies supposed to be humans from outside the walls?"

"Plus, my father said that I should practice more with firearms and join the Eldian Army. He even said that the era changed a long time ago."

"Shadis is obsolete."

Firo listened to what every cadet was saying.

"If there's hope for Eldia, the Jaegerist faction will seize real power of this country." Said Surma.

The hell?! Even here?!

"Surma, they can hear you..." said a cadet.

"But everyone thinks so too, right?" said Surma. "Everyone should want Eren Jaeger to lead Eldia. We'll have a strong leader who will make firm decisions... not the corps, not the Queen..." he then turned to Firo. "And not that Titan bitch."

"Don't you dare –" Firo said.

The doors burst open, and to everyone's surprise Floch and the Jaegerists entered with a restrained Hange.

"Hange?" Shadis said.

"IT's been a while, Commander." Floch said. "It's sudden, but we'll be taking over the subdivision of the Army Corps. We're the ones who are being called the Jaeger Faction or something like that? From here onwards you'll mobilize according to our orders!"

"The Jaeger Faction." Said Surma.

"You seem to know your place quite well, Floch. An asshole like you is like that status of a little boy that's pissing into a fountain; if you think that you wouldn't be considered a comrade by anyone else unless you pointed a gun at me, then you're absolutely right."

The riffle was fired, and the bullet shot a few inches from Shadis' foot.

"FLOCH!" Hange yelled.

"I missed." Floch said. "Anyways, I thought that if I shot at your let, I could make you talk faster and get it over with.""

"Talk about what?"

"Nah, it has nothing to do with you. We don't need an old guy like you who's got no redeeming qualities aside from being obstinate. From now on, those of you in the Training Corps! This is your era! Those of us in the Jaeger Faction have sworn to dedicate our hearts to save Eldia from the brink of collapsing! This won't be for the sake of the old Army Corps Organization, but for the sake of our people living on this island! If we remain like this, dependent on the old-fashioned Army Corps, that doesn't know what to do, we'll only get trampled by the enemy in the outside world!" Floch then made a salute. "NOW I'M ASKING YOU ALL! WHO ARE YOU ALL?! ARE YOU SOMEONE WHO WILL LIVE TOGETHER WITH US, IN A FUTURE LED BY EREN JAEGER? OR ARE YOU SOMEONE WHO WILL REMAIN WITH KEITH SHADIS HERE, AND COMMIT DOUBLE SUICIDE ALONG SIDE YOUR OLD CUSTOMS?!"