-four: blood bound

WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY WAS WEIRD IN THE EYES OF ROSIE HARRING

Rosie and Sirius had told James, Remus and Peter about what had happened with Malfoy and at first they all gave her a round of applause but they soon came to the conclusion that what had happened may not have been the result of Rosie's advancing wand-less magic but rather something more.

Remus had promised Rosie that the two would go to the library after classes the next day and do some research on what had happened and if it was common among developing witches and wizards.

          So, after last period Remus waited for Rosie outside of their classroom and the two walked towards the library. When they entered they greeted madame Prince with a small smile and a nod, which she returned, and began scanning the isles for any information on sudden outburst of magic, more specifically the sudden puking of slugs.

Rosie came to a sudden stop which caused Remus to stop and turn back to her. She was looking down one of the isles with a raised eyebrow.

"What is it?" Remus asked

"I think the book we're looking for might be down here" Rosie said as she began walking down the isle. Her hand flittered over each spine of the mass amount of books before she came to a stop at one which was titled 'The gift of Red Harring'

Rosie pulled it out and stared at it, it was dustier than most of the books so she wiped the dust off with the end of her sleeve and looked at the cover intently. The book was a worn beige colour with maroon writing in the front cover. It was decorated with small spirals and such in the corners of the cover. She flipped it over to see the blurb but found there wasn't one.

Rosie had completely forgotten that Remus was standing right behind her, looming over shoulder, trying to get a glimpse of the book in her hands.

"'The gift of Red Harring'? Sounds like a storybook" Remus started, this broke Rosie out of her trance and she twirled round to face him.

She looked up at him "I'm positive this book can help us"

"How do you know?" Remus asked, he found it weird that she directed him to this book with no explanation.

"I have a feeling"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Rosie sat in the common room staring at the book in front of her, she hadn't opened it; she was scared.

As she was signing the book out of the library madame Prince had said 'It's pointless, apparently the book doesn't open according to other students'.

Rosie had asked why she didn't just throw it away but madame Prince replied saying that she had tried to but the book kept appearing.

She knew objects could retain magic in special situations but to have a book keep reappearing? That's just weird.

Rosie inhaled deeply and held onto the front cover of the book, she ran her hand along the side of it but quickly pulled it away when she pricked her finger. She hissed and brought the fresh wound up to her mouth to clean the blood away because there was no way in hell she was going to get it on her new book or her uniform. However, it seemed as though a drop had fallen into the cover.

Rosie went to wipe it away but the drop absorbed into the book. She took a closer look but pulled back again when the book started to glow orange. She pulled it closer to her in order to bring minimal attention towards it (there were four other people in the common room, a 7th year, a 6th year and two 4th years).

Rosie then decided it was a good idea to open to the book and, not to much surprise, it opened. She was expecting it to. What caught her eye as soon as she opened it was the dedication on the first page.

to the youngest harring heir, this book is to guide you and only you. it will only open if my blood runs through your veins. be wise.
-the great red harring

To say Rosie was confused would be an understatement. She went into the library hoping to find a quick solution as to why Malfoy started to chuck up slugs not find out there was a book dedicated to her family line.

I guess it's time to find out about my heritage

AUTHORS NOTE:
this chapter was kind of rushed but, hey it's something! an update on year eleven; i want to quit