Volume 02 Chapter 09

How confusing!

She sighs again when she remembered why she returned home.

She was in Zue town and staying in an inn. She decided to extend her travel for one year but the curse system given her a task to participate in a blasted Festival so she didn't have a choice but to go back to the capital.

After coming back, the system had given her a new task again.

[Side Task 6: Become a Rich Old Lady!

Description: Sell something in the night of the Moon Rabbit's Festival to make the celebration even more lively.

Reward for Completion: 100 per 50 gold (Until Sunrise)

Penalty for Failure: None]

Seeing the title of the task, she wants to flip the table and curse the system.

Your mother! Even though this maiden passed the marriageable age, I'm still brimming with youthful air!

Her transmigrated body is 19 years old. Even though it is considered old for a single lady in this era, this age is still young for a modern person such as her.

But now, looking at this juvenile youthful faces, she suddenly felt old.

Oh, mother. This is the system's fault! It has reminded me that I'm getting old!

Now aged as a 40 years old soul and a 19 years old body, she suddenly felt like an old granny in front of these vigorous younglings.

It seems like I have to find some husband now or I won't have anymore left to choose.

Each one of them has partners they eyed. Only she has not.

Suddenly, an unusual pain surfaces in her deepest soul but she only frowned and ignored it.

Shut up! You won't give me points if you keep hurting!

Every time she would think of finding someone, she would always stopped by this mysterious and unusual pain.

This is the main reason why she would always dodge when talking about her marriage.

As she was dazing off again, the expressionless face of Qing Xianfeng, who's observing her from start to finish, is starting to shift. The mysterious light in his eyes is getting more intense while the corner of his lips is starting to lift up. This made the Yu's little Miss swoon.

"Jie-jie?"

Shi Lingyan is startled awake when she heard the sweet voice of little loli. Then, she suddenly remembered something.

"Oh yeah! What are you all doing here in the kitchen? Nonworkers are not allowed in here."

She looked at them one by one before staying her eyes at the culprit who started it all while the said culprit only stared at her innocently with his beautiful midnight black eyes.

She immediately look away while reminding herself.

You're a law abiding citizen. You're not into younger guys. You're not a pedophile and certainty not like that pedo-prince! You're a high moral woman.

While still repeating those mantras in her mind, she look at little loli who answered her question.

"I'm sorry jie-jie. I don't know what happened to Xianfeng. He only tasted one of your special dishes when he suddenly stood up and starts demanding of meeting the cook."

She frowns and look at the beautiful young boy who are slightly similar to Qing Lanbai.

"Do you have any problems with my food?"

"Are you the cook?"

He is looking at her with his calm face but intense stare, waiting for her to answer.

She frowns even more.

"Yes."

What's with this guy?

"I want something to talk to you."

"Is this related about my food?"

"If that's the reason which I could talk to you, yes."

She felt even more confuse.

Qing Lanbai immediately reprimands her twin when she felt something's wrong.

"Xianfeng! Why are you treating you're benefactor like this?! You owed your life when she saved you from drowning. You can't just treat her that way with this attitude!"

Qing Xianfeng didn't answer her twin and keep staring at her intensely. Little loli exasperatedly sighs with his twin's behavior and then look at Shi Lingyan with apologetic eyes.

"I apologize for my twin's behavior, jie-jie. Please excuse him for offending you."

She smiled at the cute little loli.

"Don't worry mei-mei. It's alright. Maybe he has something he don't like about my food and wants to talk about it. The dishes you ordered for today will be on me so you don't have to pay for it. Go back and enjoy your foods now."

"But jie-jie..."

She only silence her by shaking her head. So, little loli could only closed her mouth reluctantly while going back to their table with her company.

Then, Shi Lingyan look at the little troublemaker with no expression on her face.

"Follow me."

She said that before pulling her hairnet and starts walking to her office.

Along the way, she can feel the intensity of his stare behind her back. She is starting to get uneasy.

This little guy needs a spanking!

Even though he is young, it is quite rude for a male to stare intently to an unmarried female. She has to educate him about distance between man and woman before he'll led stray!

After they walked inside the office and closed the door, she was about to face and reprimand him when suddenly, he touched her exposed nape. She immediately stiffened when she felt a finger brushing her birthmark.

What happened?