Volume 02 Chapter 10

What happened?

She felt electricity and shivers down to her spine when the tip of his finger touches her nape. Even his touch is so familiar as if it was etched deep into her soul.

Don't dwell on it, maiden! Of course, it's familiar. You had done CPR to him remember?

While she is convincing herself, she suddenly let out a shocked cry when she felt his lips touches her birthmark.

What the hell?! Mama! I'm being molested!

She wanted to run away from him but she felt his strong arms around her waist, pining her and making her stay to the closed door.

"What the-"

"I found you, baby."

She stops as if a jolt flashes into her soul.

'Baby.'

Who's that?

A scene suddenly flashes into her eyes and as if the dam broke, a flood of memories from her past life, which locked away from her soul, is being squeezed into her mind.

Shi Lingyan lets out a hurt cry while she starts clutching her head.

"Baby!"

She is breathing heavily while the piercing pain from her soul attacks her mind and she's starting to become disorient from the jumbled memories.

Iiinnnkkk!

[WARNING: Detecting Instability of the Host's Soul!]

[Initializing Lockdown for Irregularity...1%...55%...100%]

[Detecting Incompatible Memories]

[Initializing Shutdown and Resetting Host's Memories...1%...33%...65%...97%...]

Before the bar becomes full, she called the name of the familiar young face she's staring right now which resembled the matured face from her past life.

"Xavier."

[100%]

Then she blanked out.

[...]

[Rebooting System...]

[Resetting Host's Memories from 10 Minutes Ago...1%...66%...100%]

[Initializing a Sealing Mark to Host's Memories...1%...68%...100%]

[Scanning for Irregularities...1%...20%...39%...68%...87%...100%]

[No Irregularities Detected]

[Updating Host's Memories...1%...43%...85%...100%]

[Restarting Host's Consciousness...1%...30%...59%...88%...100%]

She opened her eyes and a worried Qing Xianfeng greeted her eyes.

"Are you alright?"

She confusedly nodded and starts scanning her surroundings, making her confused again.

How did I arrived to my office?

She remembered telling the younglings to go back to their table and telling Qing Xianfeng to follow her after they left. After that... After that... Nothing. She remembered nothing!

She don't remember anything after saying that and she don't remember going to the office. She don't even remember taking a single step!

It's like a piece of scene is being cut from the video, making a time skip.

What in the world's going on here?

"Selena?"

Huh?

She looked at Qing Xianfeng with a frowning face.

He called me that name again.

It's a modern name. It's a name that can't be heard anywhere here in this world.

Is he a transmigrator too?

Feeling excited, she was about to ask if he is and if he has a system like hers when suddenly, a blaring sound shook her mind.

Iiinnnkkk!

[WARNING: Any disclosure of information regarding the host's past life, system, transmigration, and etc will ejected the host from the current world and will confiscated all the points that the host earned from the ejected world.]

After reading that warning, her face darkens.

Your mother! Why is it not allowed?!

It didn't reply to her but only repeated that blaring sound and warning.

Even though she is unreconciled, she could only accept it.

Stop those blaring sounds already!

She became irritated when the warning blared again for the third time.

She woke up when she felt a tap in her cheeks.

"Selena, are you alright?"

Qing Xianfeng called her again while his beautiful face is frowning with worry.

Her face softens.

"I'm okay."

"What happened? Why did you suddenly blacked out?"

She look at him in shock.

"I blacked out? When?"

"Here in the office. Don't you remember anything?

She only shakes her head and looks at his beautiful face frowning again. She felt her heart pounding.

She sighs in her heart.

Beautiful face are dangerous weapons.

Especially the Qing siblings.

While she's sighing in admiration, she noticed that the angle of his face isn't quite right. She could see his under chin! Then, she founds out that she's lying in his lap. Not only that, his hands is also rubbing her cheek and from the looks of it, he had been touching her face for a while now!

"How much did you remember?"

Her thoughts diverted and her face frowns as she tried to remember but only sighs in defeat.

"It's only from the time I told you to follow me and after that is me, waking up in your lap."

Her face suddenly reddens when she said that and remembers that she is still lying on his lap.

She tried to get up and Qing Xianfeng lets her. She sits up straight and fix her posture. When she realized that she is quite close to him, she move away.

If Qing Xianfeng noticed her move, he didn't say anything about it.

After a silence, Qing Xianfeng's quite murmur could be heard.

"Even the time you called me Xavier?"

"Huh?"

She felt confused. She called him that?

Why do I feel that a name Xavier rings a bell?

She is frowning in contemplation when suddenly, the boy beside her laughs. She look at him in shock.

After laughing, he looks at her with adoring eyes.

She immediately clutched her chest.

My heart!