Discoveries

Izuku's POV

   I smiled as Todoroki came running towards me with his fire and ice. I knew it would be hard for me to beat him once he started using his fire, but I knew that if he didn't, it would be harder for him. I don't know why...but I just wanted to help him.

   Just like I how I want someone to notice that I'm hurting inside.

   I dodged his attack, trying to focus on the battle. He managed to hit my legs with his ice, freezing me into place. He soon burned me a bit, not a lot but it still hurt. 

   In the end, I lost but I was still happy that I was able to help Todoroki. He apologized to me after the match. I said I was fine and returned to my seat in the audience. I was about to talk to Aika but she just glared at Todoroki with a murderous aura. 

   Todoroki was getting ready for his match with Kacchan. I smiled as I saw Kacchan yell profanity at Todoroki, sighing as I sat down next to Aika.

   "KACCHAN! PLEASE STOP WITH THE BAD WORDS!" I yelled. Kacchan looked at me and I smiled which caused him to look away. 

   "I'm gonna murder them all..." Aika giggled evilly as she watched the two. I tried to calm her down and I learned that she was mad at Todoroki for hurting me.

   "It's fine, Aika. I kinda pushed him to do it. It's all my fault." I said, smiling at her, assuring that I'm fine. "Besides, he didn't hurt me that much. I could tell that he was hesitant to hurt me."

   Aika huffed but nodded, returning her attention to the fight. It seemed as though Kacchan and Todoroki was having some sort of argument.

   "Deku's going to cheer for me, Half and Half!" Kacchan yelled. I was just thankful he didn't cuss or anything. 

   "No...He wouldn't like a person like you." Todoroki said. He seemed very reluctant in using his fire. 

   "Use your stinking fire! Why the frick aren't you using your darn fire?!" Kacchan screeched. Todoroki stared at his hand, then me, then at Kacchan.

   "My fire's only for Deku." Todoroki said. I blushed as he said that. (I based this off a meme I saw online.)

   That seemed to make Kacchan angry enough because Kacchan used his explosion a bit too hard. It sent Todoroki flying off the edge. Kacchan huffed and walked away. 

Time Skip

   I was in third place, Todoroki in second, and Kacchan in first. Midnight asked Aika and I to perform our new song. Aika agreed so I agreed to. We performed after the awards ceremony. I'm very happy to hear many people cheer for us and that was enough to give me a boost of strength.

   After all that commotion, Aika and I went to see the quirk doctor. I had to wait a few minutes.

   Those few minutes were the most suffocating minutes of my life. Even more suffocating than the moments before and after stage. Not only did the nurses and doctors look at me weirdly, it's also because it reminds me of my mother and...my pitiful excuse of a father.

   The doctor soon called me in. Aika came in with me, glaring at the nurses and doctors who stared at me for a moment too long. I mean...They were grown ups...staring at a mere high schooler. But they could've been our fans so, I saw nothing wrong with it.

   "So, Izuku Midoriya but you sometimes use the surname Shimizu." The doctor said, looking at the file while drinking his coffee. I nodded when he looked at me. "You said you were seeing weird effects with your quirk."

   "Um...Yeah, my quirk had nothing related to copying other people's quirk." I said. "But I somehow been able to use some other quirks that I never had."

   "Okay, I'll check up on that." The doctor said. "Please wait until I come back."

   The doctor soon left and I clenched my hands as I thought about my past. This was the very spot I sat on when I was 4. The last memory I had with my mother. I blinked back tears as I bit my lips, my hands trembling as I clenched them tighter.

   It was until Aika took my hand did I know what I was doing. She looked at me sympathetically while patting my back.

   "It's okay, Izu. I'll be with you." She smiled. We talked for a few more moments until the doctor came back with a few more papers.

   "So, Midoriya...It seems there was a part of your quirk that didn't develop until a few years ago." The doctor said, giving me few pieces of paper. "I can't find the cause of it but I do know what the ability is so you can read the info at home."

   "Thank you." I smiled. The doctor smiled back.

   Aika and I was making our way back home when we ran into Kacchan.

   "Kacchan!" I yelled. He turned back and I saw someone next to him. "Oh, Auntie!"

   "Izuku, is that you?!" She asked. I nodded as I ran up to her and hugged her. "Oh my gosh, I thought he was lying!"

   "Hmm?" I titled my head.

   "See old hag! I said that he was back!" Kacchan yelled.

   "Kacchan, that's not a way you should talk to your parents." I frowned, thinking of my own mother. "You should treasure them."

   "Yeah, Izu's right." Aika said, walking up next to me. She glared at Kacchan and Kacchan glared at her.

   "Oh, who's the cute girl, Izuku? Is she your girlfriend?" Auntie Mitsuki asked. I blushed as Aika laughed.

   "Oh, no. I'm his adoptive sister." Aika explained. "Izu, here, is way to kind and innocent so I'm always by him. He worries me a lot."

   "He was always so kind and innocent every since he was young." Auntie Mitsuki said, nodding.

   "So, um...What should I call you? I'm Aika." Aika said.

   "Oh, you can just call me Auntie Mistuki like Izuku does." Aunt Mitsuki says. "Why not have dinner at our house today? We haven't seen each other in so long."

   "Sure!" I said. "I would love to taste your cooking again."

   "Aww, so nice as always." Aunt Mistuki smiled. We started walking back, Aika and Kacchan trailing behind us. "So...What happened? 11 years ago, I only saw your mother's dead body. You weren't there."

   "It's a long story...My so called father came and killed her right after we got back from the quirk doctor. He then kidnapped me, abused me, and used me." I said, my breath hitching as tears fell down my face. "It was torture. Everyday, I was beaten brutally if I didn't do something correctly. I missed you so much Auntie."

   "You went through so much...I'm so sorry, Izuku." Auntie Mitsuki said, patting my back. I smiled a bit.

   "Thank you. So, I managed to escape. I ran into a different city and Aika and her mother found me on the streets when I fainted. They took care of me but Aika's mother soon died." I said, continuing the story. "After the funeral of her mother, we pursued our career in singing. We left to Korea, and we just returned a few weeks ago."

   "Well, I'm just happy you're back and safe." Aunt Mitsuki said. "Mizu."

   "W-Wait! how did you know?!" I asked.

   "Well, Katsuki was watching your music videos ever since you came back." She laughed as Kacchan started yelling at her. His face was red. Very red.

   "Stop it!" Kacchan yelled. Aika and I just laughed as Aunt Mitsuki slapped the back of his head and locked him in a head lock.

   "I wish these times could last forever." I sighed. "I wish I could see them again."