Chapter 52

Everly

For the first time, after a long time I felt like I was in the dark place, all alone by myself. I had no one to go to for the problem, that I have somehow ended up getting involve in.. The person whom I trusted, broke my heart as he made no effort to contact me. I cannot even go to Abby to ask for her help. She have no idea about Elliot's life after school and the trouble he have gotten himself to, I can't even go to my parents for help because their safety is in my hand. How do I even help us all out when I have no idea how strong the rival is. My heart sank as I watch my Dad struggled to open the door with all the bags in his hand, I ran to quickly help him. Will we be able to spend Christmas as joyfully like always? I thought to myself as my Dad smiled and spoke about him encountering his high school friend in the supermarket.

I have very less time and less help in this situation and I have to figure things out really quickly and safely. Neither do I have any resources or people that can support me and that give me immense stress, until I realized, that sending Elliot to London for Christmas was the best and safest decision for him that time, but when he return? He will be back in that hole. I have to use law to help him out, but I am scared that Elliot is so deep into the situation, that he might be pulled with those people.

If Elliot does go to London, what about me? Was Landon lying or his threats were real, I have no idea, but right now I wanted everyone around me safe and I have to do it real quick.

The next day, Cole approached me with bouquet of flowers to apologize for calling me name, and I felt really bad to use this excuse to get them out of the city.

"I am really sorry." He said to me and I tried my best to look upset and mad about yesterday, while the truth was, I know he was just supporting his cousin and their bond is so strong, that he just burst out.

"I expected you to look at the two side of the story and not just one." I said, this time being serious about the comment. I know, Elliot is his cousin, but that does not mean whatever his cousin do is acceptable and right, you should at least lead him to the right path, than turning blind to the wrong.

'I know, I learnt my lesson." He pleaded.

"How is he doing?" I asked.

"Actually-" Cole started.

"Forget about it, don't bother." I said and turned around, thinking of how to approach them and have them leave for London as soon as possible.

"Listen." He said as he put his hand on my shoulder and I turned around.

"Elliot is actually going back to London." He said as I can't help but feel a little relieve hearing that.

"When?" I asked. "For how long?"

"He wants to go back and stay in London." He said, sadly.

"Oh." I said as I feel the pain in my heart. "When is he leaving?"

"A week from now." He said.

It was easier than I thought, I don't know if I should be happy or cry at this point. He didn't give me any explanation and now wants to move back to London, but he will be safe, my heart felt reassured when my brain reminded.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay?" He asked.

"What else can I do?" I said.

"You are suppose to make a scene and do something about him, like stop him?"

"That will be selfish of me." I said. "He never liked it here in the first place, so why should I hold him back?"

"Because he is going back to the place that keeps haunting him."

"I don't know, he never shared anything about his home place haunting him, he seemed to have a fond memories of London."

"He is holding on to things that he should let go."

"Let's be supportive because he already made his decision and in the short time, that I have known him. He never backs down from what he have decided." I said.

"Why are you being so cold? I thought you would want him to stay?"

"I want to." I said looking away. "But he is better off in London." I hinted him, which he didn't understand.

"I thought you would help me?"

"I want to, but let's not be selfish and understand him." I said. I see sign, that he give up on me as his eyes lost hope and his body slumped down a little.

"You are his cousin, and you know what he have been through. I don't, so let's be supportive?"

"Would you like to meet him before he leave?"

"No, I don't want to." I said; because I know I will have the urge to hold him back from going to the place, he calls home and everyone loves home.

"You are being so weird?" Cole said.

"You don't know me, so how do you know I am weird?" I chuckled.

"Your reaction is so different than what I thought."

"Sometime we have to let go of people for their happiness."

He pulled me in for a hug and my hands turned into a fist as I tried to hold back my tears from rolling down.

Elliot Walker, did I mean nothing to you? Do you not trust me enough to share your sorrow? Am I not worth your time that you were planning to leave without telling me the reasons or explaining it to me?You said, that I would be your number one priority, but then why is it that you were planning to leave without telling me?

I pushed Cole away as I ran to the field, to the place where I first saw Elliot for the first time, two years back. He was smoking behind one of the tree, all alone and sad as I stood hidden behind the tree he was leaning on and that was the first time, I heard him cry and all I could do was stand and hear him cry and wish his pain would go away.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers, thank you so much for reading and supporting me❤️