20

that's the thing about people who mean everything they say

who mean everything they say.
they think everyone else does too.

CHAPTER TWENTY

DAISY

I lean against Seth's chest, letting out a tired yawn.

He squeezes my hips. "Only a few more minutes baby, then you can go home and sleep."

The rest of the trip went smoothly, and now we're back home. We just got off the bus and now Dustin's loading our bags into the car.

"Can't you come with?" I mumble, basically clinging onto him.

He chuckles and kisses the top of my head. "I have work, remember?"

I pull away to look up at him with a pout. "Yeah."

He grins and grabs each side of my face before leaning down to press his lips against mine. Like i've pointed out before, i'm not a big fan of PDA, which is why I gently push him away after a few more seconds.

"Hey." He grabs my attention when I get distracted by the tattoo on his exposed arm. "How about you come visit me for my lunch break? I'll talk to Dustin about dropping you off."

I perk up and don't hesitate to agree. "What time?"

"Noon. So go home and get some rest before okay?" He raises his eyebrows.

I quickly nod just as Dustin walks up to us.

"Ready Daisy?"

My pout returns but I follow after him, not before giving Seth one more hug.

~

As Dustin's driving me to go have lunch with Seth a few hours later, I realize he's never actually told me where he works.

What if he's in a gang? Or worse, what if he's a doctor? One that uses needles on poor little children. I shiver at the thought. But there's no way he's a doctor, he's only eighteen and he's still in high school. Phew.

I'm about to ask Dustin when the car suddenly stops outside of a large building. I read the bright neon sign that says "TATTOOS" and a smile immediately appears on my face.

I should've guessed.

"Be safe pumpkin." Dustin says, after I decline his offer of walking me in.