Chapter 27: Confession

Thank you so much for the votes and adds.

This extra release is for you guys.

---------------

"Sun Su Chen, what else are you hiding from me?"

***

"Second Prince, we found what you asked. You were right to say that the barbarians had sneaked into the Autumn tournament to meet up with the First Prince. Our men are still trying to find out more about their plans. On the other hand, we have confirmed that Fourth Prince has strenghtened his ties with the Prince and Princess of Cheongbok. Across the Choal Borders, he had amassed an army of personal soldiers, with more than half amassed from Cheongbok, thinking no one knows but him. The Ninth Prince is not someone to be bothered with. First Prince and Fourth Prince have teamed up to destroy his reputation and has removed most of the ministers who were supporting Ninth Prince."

The tall dark man opposite Sister Hua looked at her imposingly.

"Huang. I've told you not to call me by that name. I've thrown all that away ever since Sect Master found me that day."

Sister Hua, who was actually Shen Yi's intel, was really a man in disguise.

"I apologise, Young Master Shen."

Shen Yi's bad mood from earlier had not dissipated. He never realised how possesive he could be until he met Su Chen. Even then, he was still surprised at how obsessive he was about her despite only knowing her for a few months and not even sleeping with her.

And the thought of other men even viewing her the same way made his anger peak.

Huang felt uncomfortable by his master's oppressive aura. If he knew his master would be so sensitive about the girl, he would not have teased her. And he would have happily invited that little ancestor to dine in with them. Who cares about small things like the political matters of Da Li?

"Young Master Shen, this one would not expect that you were close to Sun Su Chen. The fact that she is still alive really was quite amazing. Even now, news of her death circulates around the capital." Huang cautiously said.

Immediately, the temperature dropped to freezing. Wurong Jian almost killed that annoying Huang in irritation.

The problem with people who always stayed hidden and away from social contact is that they lacked EQ!!

Shen Yi's mood had fallen greatly at the reminder that Su Chen was his ex-sister-in-law. At the thought of that brat Sun Rui sleeping with Su Chen, he wanted to break every piece of his bone. And even then, it would not satisfy the great jealousy in him.

Of course he knew who Su Chen really was. A  noble lady throwing chicken blood and faking her death wasn't an everyday occurrence to him. It was so suspicious and well, funny, that he had to find out more about the shorty in the dress.

While following her and eavesdropping, he had further made conclusions but did not really think too much about it until his hidden spies confirmed his suspicions when he had reached his hideout.

To see the eldest daughter of Minister Sun so blatantly choosing to live the life of a fake identity forever for the sake of freedom had intrigued him. Hence, he had played along when she used her Mother's maternal surname as a decoy, and feigned ignorance at her noble miss manners.

He was amused at first at the idea of how they were rather related, but now, this idea irked him the hell out.

And those old men ogling at his Chen'er just now, his who he never dared to touch. He really... ...

Shen Yi stood up.

To hell with this. If he was so worried about her, he would tie her up and dragged her with him wherever he went.

And as he clambered to find her in his haste, he met with those men that tried to have their way with his woman.

Really courting death.

***

Su Chen was breathless before hardening her eyes.

"How long did you knew?"

"That you were my brother's ex-wife?"

Shen Yi's hot breath tingled, his lips hovering around her flushed face.

"Guess, pipsqueak."

Su Chen barely heard the teasing. Her ears hovered on only one word.

"Brother?"

Shen Yi stared at her seriously and gazed at her, this adorable girl that had won his heart in more ways than one.

"I am the elusive Second Prince of Da Li. But I've no intention to fight for the throne."

Shen Yi's manly face and chiselled jaw entranced her. She almost could not help tracing his enchanting eyes, every tiny scar on his face, a tiny hint of the spiky rubble on his chin, his short black hair that was so soft to touch.

So tempting that Su Chen almost missed what Shen Yi had said.

Shen Yi grinned at her distracted gaze.

"Su Chen. I really am serious about you. I know that you have feelings for me, even if you don't realise it. But, I plan to be honest to the person I plan to spend my life with."

At this, Su Chen's head felt like it probably exploded. They barely knew each other. Granted, if she realllly count all the days and time they had spent together (which was daily), the number easily exceeded the amount of time she had actually talked and conversed to Sun Rui.

But his sudden confession of love really made her gape in shock, her mouth opening and closing like a fish in shock when left out of the water.

Shen Yi laughed amusedly again.

"Really, what am I to do with you."

And then, he kissed her deeply.