T H R E E

When I woke up on the Saturday morning, I noticed Shawn was gone

I didn't expect him to be here when I woke up, getting out of bed I went into the bathroom and did the morning routine.
Going downstairs, I noticed that my mom wasn't here. She was probably at work. As for my dad, he left when I was younger, so I don't remember him.
With messy hair, I walked into the kitchen to get something to drink and eat.
I sat at the table with my bowl of oatmeal and orange juice. Now, to say I nearly had a heart attack when I seen Shawn walk down the hallway towards me.. is a huge understatement.
"Jesus Shawn! You nearly gave me a heart attack." I put my spoon down in the bowl, and sighed.
He smiled slightly, "sorry I didn't mean to scare you."
I shook my head, "it's okay."
I noticed something about him was off, "Shawn. What's wrong?"
He looked at me, "can you do me a favor?" I nodded wanting him to continue.
"Can you... can you stop by my house and tell my parents something?"
I looked at him, "they will think I'm crazy. Then call the police, are you sure you want me to do this?"
"Yeah, but if you don't want to I understand."
Well now I feel bad, "what's your address?"

Shawn and I were on our way to his house. I was nervous, I didn't want his parents to think it was some type of sick joke.
"It's going to be okay, Cassie." I shrugged, "I hope so."
When we got to his door I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
Not long after a girl answered the door.
"Aaliyah," Shawn sighed.
"You must be Aaliyah. I um, I'm a friend of Shawn's."
"Hi."
I took a small glance at Shawn. "I know this is going to sound crazy. But please hear me out," holy shit here we go.
"I miss you so much, I'm so sorry."
"Shawn misses you so much, he said he's sorry."
"I didn't want to hurt you, I was selfish and was just thinking about myself. But I just couldn't do it."
"He says he didn't want to hurt you. He was selfish and was just thinking about himself. But he just couldn't take it."
"Look, if this is some type of sick game-"
"No! I promise you it's not." I looked over in the direction that Shawn was in. "Tell her that her nickname is monkey and her favorite stuffed animal is the one with the big blue body and the pink ears." He says in hope to let his sister know he's here.
"He says your nickname is monkey, and your favorite stuffed animal is the one with the big blue body and the pink ears."
"And it's name is lucky."
"And it's name is lucky?"
Her face went from irritated and tired, to shocked with tears in her eyes.
"Oh my... I can't.. is he here? Like right now? Please come in."
She stepped out of the way of the door, to let me in. Shawn quickly went inside and I followed suite.
"My name is Cassie by the way."
"It's nice to meet you."
"And yes he's here right now."
Her eyes lit up, "where?"
Her eyes searched the living room, "in the chair." I said pointing over to it.
"Oh shawn! I miss you so much, I wish I could hug you, or even see you."
"I miss you too."
"He misses you too." Tears spilled out of both of their eyes. It almost made me cry, "the house hasn't been the same since you were taken to the hospital and put on life support."
He's still alive?!
I looked over at Shawn, and he had the same look on his face. The look of surprise.
"H-he's still alive?" I question the sad girl. She nodded, "yeah. But if he doesn't wake up soon they are... ugh sorry. T-They are pulling the p-plug."
My heart sank, I need to somehow get him back to his body and to wake up.
Oh, what a mission.
"I didn't even know I was still technically alive. Ask her which hospital I'm at."
"He wants to know which hospital he's at."
We found out what hospital and after a few more questions and exchanging of numbers, Shawn I were on the way to the hospital.
It was a long walk, but since Shawn didn't know if he could get into cars we walked.

"Hello, how may I help you?"
"Hi, I'm looking for Shawn Mendes?" She typed a few things into the computer, "it's family only."
Damn, "oh uh I'm his girlfriend."
She nodded, "I'm so sorry sweetly. I really hope he wakes up, he's on the fifth floor room three fifty eight."
I thanked the lady and went to his floor.
When I stepped into his room, I wanted to cry. Although I didn't know him long, it hurt to see him hooked up to many wires and a feeding tube in his throat.
"Oh my gosh, Shawn." I whispered. I put my hand over my mouth as I slowly walked toward his lifeless body.
I gently took his hand into mine, and it was cold. His heart monitor spiked a bit, I looked over at ghost boy with a questionable look.
All he did was shrug, "I can't feel whatever you are doing to my body."
He walked over to his body and just looked at it. I noticed a single tear run down his cheek.
"We will get you back in your body some how Shawn I promise." He nodded, "okay."
I looked back at his body and noticed his hair was on his forehead. I reached out to push it off of his forehead. His hair was soft.
When I touched ghost boys hair, it was like touching nothing. But it moved, just like when I touched his back. It didn't feel like anything.
"You're hair is really soft Shawn." I giggle.
"Thanks I take care of it." He said chuckling a bit. "I've noticed. But it really needs to be washed, it's greasy."
He nodded, "I see that."
I walked to the end of the bed, and picked up his chart.
It had a bunch of words I didn't understand. I noticed he got his stomach pumped, and put into a medical induced coma so he could get better. But he didn't wake up, his brain activity slowed down and so did his heart. So they put him in life support.
That's all I got from the chicken scratch the doctor wrote at the bottom of the paper.
"I need to find a way to get you back to your body."