F O U R

When we got back from the hospital Shawn had disappeared before we got to the front door

Although I like his company I needed to think about how to get him back into his body.
Maybe, if he did this to himself because of his parents fighting I could try and convince them to work it out quickly and Shawn could return. But after thinking about it over a cup of tea it sounded stupid. What if he like 'jumps' back into his body?
Idea after idea they all sounded stupid.
"Hey Cassie! How was your day?"
My mother asked. I didn't even hear her come in the door.
"It was boring, I just read all day." She nodded, "yeah sounds boring. So for dinner I bought some-" I stopped listening after that.
"Yes sounds good. I'm going to my room, call me when dinner is done."
"Okay sweetie."
I plopped down onto my bed and sighed.
But then I got an idea, I grabbed my laptop and went on a crazy and long research binge.
I found a few things that might work, but I'll have to tell Shawn first. I just don't know how to get a hold of him.
"Shawn!" I whisper yelled. Yeah like that's going to work genius.
How do you summon a specific ghost? I found a website but it was all witch craft and such.
I'll just wait until he comes back to me then. I shut my laptop and push it to the end of my bed.
Today has been a long day, not to mention Shawn seen me with messy hair. AND we slept in the same bed, this is crazy...
Before I knew it I was dozing off into dream land.

"Cassie! Cassie! Come on get up dinner is ready."
I groaned and looked at the clock, it read nine thirty PM. "I'm not hungry," I mumble back.
"Hey Cassie,"
My head shot up towards the voice. "S-Shawn? What are you doing here? I must look like a wreak. What's up?"
I wasn't completely awake, but I could still slightly function.
Sitting up, I stretched and yawned. "Have you found a way to put me back in my body?"
"Uh, yeah I have. I wanted to show you them." I walked over to my door and locked it. I sat back on my bed and grabbed my laptop to pull up the things that might work.
"Alright so we can try it later. I'm really too tired to go out right now. I hope you understand Shawn. I really want to help but I can barely keep my eyes open," he nodded. "I understand. Go to sleep, I'll be back in the morning."
H got up to leave but I stopped him. "Wait Shawn," he hummed. "Um, will you stay with me again?"
A small smile played on his lips, "sure."
I took my bra off quickly and brushed my teeth. I pulled the blankets back and hopped in with Shawn following.
"Night Shawn, I promise you I'll figure out a way. You won't stay ghost boy forever."

Shawn's POV
Please don't make promises you can't keep Cassie. I know you want to help, but this might not work.
"Okay," I whispered.
I gave her a kiss on the head even though she might not feel it.
I think over the past few days I might have grown some feelings for her. What am I thinking though? I'm dead, well kinda. And I might not come back, if her plan doesn't work and I tell her that I like her it will devastate her.
As I let my mind wonder I slowly fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

Cassie's POV
I giggled as Shawn left soft kisses on my neck, "babe that tickles."
"Well how about I kiss here then?"
His lips met mine in a sweet and warm peck. I could feel him, his soft hair, his soft skin. His slightly rough hands, although I didn't mind. It meant he was playing guitar again.
"I think I need another one." I said smiling. He gave me a longer, more passionate filled kiss. His fingers traced my body, and ran through my hair.
I broke the kiss with a small moan.
"Shawn," he hummed in response.
"I'm ready."
"Cassie wake up, are you alright?"
I slowly opened my eyes, it was still dark in my room. "Shawn? Yeah I'm fine why?"
"You were moaning, I though you were having a nightmare or something."
I felt my face go hot. Only if he knew, "oh uh yeah. I'm fine don't worry, sorry that I woke you."

In the morning I ate and got ready to go to the hospital. My mom was off today so I took her car. Turns out Shawn can get into cars. Which is great because now I don't have to walk everywhere even though I need it.
"Hello, I'm here to see Shawn Mendes."
The lady checked me in and I went straight to his room. When I walked in I didn't expect to see a lady inside.
"Mom." Shawn whispered.
Oh dear, this poor women, half of me thinks. The other half wants to blame her for her son being in this position.
"Hi, you must be Shawn's mom. I'm his friend from school, Cassie. How's he doing? Anything new?"
She nodded, "there is a little bit more brain activity, the doctors think he might make it. But we shouldn't get our hopes up. I just miss my boy, this is all my fault."
I sighed sadly. "No, no it isn't."
Yes, yes it was.
"If his dad and I weren't arguing all the time he wouldn't be in this position."
"At least he's still technically alive. There is hope, Mrs. Mendes."
Tears streaked down her face.
Her phone rang, "oh it's work. I have to go."
He stood up and gave Shawn a kiss on the head and left.
"Alright Shawn, go up to your body and try and I don't know really down to explain it. Like lay in it? It sounds weird but try it."
He shrugs, "here goes nothings."