Chapter 2: Rose Potter

"I can't believe I have to do this to you." Sirius sighed to the baby girl. He have decided to call her Rose. Rose, the daughter of Lily. A smile crept to his lips. He was a jokester at heart. He knocked on the great mahogany doors leading to Dumbledores office.

"Yes, come in." Dumbledore called

Sirius opened the door slowly with one hand, while cradling the girl in the other.

" Hello Sirius, how are you coping with Lily and James death?" Dumbledore asked.

"I'm... I'm... I don't know Albus." Sirius sighed.

"I know how you feel. Such wonderful people didn't deserve to die." He looked down solemnly.

"But now to business. You said you had something important to tell me? He asked.

"Yes, well when I visited Lil... Lily and James house after the attack, and I found her." Sirius said showing him Rose.

"Oh my" He said inspecting the baby. "I was afraid that this would happen. Hiding her for her own protection."

"I can't look after her Albus. I need to settle the score with Peter. Please, find some one to look after her. Please."

"I'll see what I can do." He said.

"Thank you Albus."Sirius smiled.

"Just be carful out there Sirius." He implored. "Two innocent deaths are enough for one night." He winked giving Sirius his unspoken approval.

"I'll try my best." He sighed and with that, he walked out of the room.

"You didn't save her!" Rang out the voice of a heartbroken Severus Snape minutes later. He had just stormed into the office in agony.

"I tried Severus. We all tried to protect them. Lily and James just put their trust in the wrong person." He sighed.

Severus collapsed onto the floor. He was utterly heartbroken.

"They had a son though," Severus looked up. "His name is Harry. He will be living with his aunt and uncle, Lily's sister, Petunia."

"Yes, I remember her. The muggle one. The one who hates all magic. She was an excellent choice." He said sarcastically.

"And now, I've just found out that Lily and James also had a girl, her name is Rose Potter." He said calmly.

"And is the girl also with Petunia?" He asked.

"No, I think it would be wise to keep the two separate... For now ." Dumbledore added quietly.

"Then who shall look after the girl?" Snape inquired.

"Well, you see, I was hoping you would Severus. Seeing as she is the daughter of Lily." He said dubiously.

Snape stared at him. "You don't think I could actually take care of a child right? I know nothing in the field. How could I?"

"You would learn Severus. You would adapt just like you do normally. Do it. Do it as one last favor for Lily." Dumbledor persuaded.

"Fine. I'll do it. But you can not tell any one of our deal. This does not leave this room." He said quietly looking intently at Dumbledor.

"Of course. Here she is then, baby Rose." Dumbledore said while handing Severus the sleeping baby.

"Alright, well, I guess this is goodnight Albus." Dumbledore then lifted the enchantment for a moment, making it so Severus could apperate out of Hogwarts.