Thirty-Six

"So this is how it's going to be?" Wendy said as you both watch a movie, lying next to each other.

It's a weekend and Wendy decided to hang in your house without telling you. And now, you're here stuck on your room with chips beside the both of you, tubs of ice cream and tissue box.

"Boys ain't worth crying for." She said as she wipe her tears with tissue, the tearjerker movie became an excuse to cry for her aching heart. "Hey, Y/n, maybe this is destiny telling us that we are the one that are meant to be together."

"Maybe. But you know, you didn't have to break up with Jun. It wasn't his fault anyway." You said as you look at her. Remembering why they broke up.

"But he could've done something. Wait, why haven't I seen you crying?" She asked.

You shrug, "I'm tired of it."

"Or you're more comfortable crying at Taehyung?" She smirked and you shook your head.

"It just so happens that he's always there when I'm at the edge of everything. When I'm barely gripping at anything."

Wendy sat up, "He likes you, you know that." She said.

You purse your lips. "I do." Your voice almost a whisper as you remember how he confessed indirectly.

"Why don't you try it with him? He likes you and he knows how to treat you right. Maybe, it'll work out with him." She said.

"I don't want to hold on to that maybe, Wendy. If I'll try it out with him, I want to be sure that I can risk everything again. I want to be whole before I give him a piece of me." You said.

"Ugh, curse that Jungkook." She groaned.

"Get back with Jun." You said before you got up and took your phone and turned it on after you turned off after the fireworks event.

134 missed calls from Jeon Jungkook.

76 messages from Jeon Jungkook.

18 messages from Kim Taehyung.

6 messages from Park Jimin.

"Wow, that shit is awesome. Haven't gotten that many messages or calls from anybody." Wendy said as she look at your phone over your shoulder.

"Why is he so annoying? After kissing that witch!" She exclaimed.

You opened your inbox and decided to click on Taehyung's. His messages were always him greeting you good morning and good night, asking if you are alright and reminding you to eat.

"I'm actually surprised that Taehyung isn't taking advantage of your state right now." Wendy commented as she grab a pack of chips and went to the kitchen.

Of course, Taehyung won't do that. He wouldn't because he's too good. He always thinks of your welfare. Sometimes, it actually feels like he puts you in a pedestal that you know you don't deserve.

And you wouldn't lie, it actually feels nice to have someone treat you like how Taehyung treats you, its just that you can't take advantage of it either.

You:

I'm okay. Don't worry Wendy's here with me :)

You replied. You click on the back button and your eyes catch Jungkook's name on your phone and a glimpse of his last message.

Jeon Jungkook (76) :

Can we talk? Please.

What for? What do you even have to talk about? Lee Ara's back, you have no place beside him anymore. And even if he asks you to be with him, everyone's already thinking that they got back together, afterall the kiss they shared on the fireworks event wasn't a secret.