Will Byers x Reader

It was obvious from day-dot that there was something going on between Will Byers and [Y/N] [L/N]. From the day she stumbled into Mike's basement with mud caked up to her knees and her hair drenched from the rain. They were playing Dungeons & Dragons and were in the midst of a deadly battle with the Beholder. Mike groaned audibly as the door slammed against the wall and [Y/N] stood there with a goofy grin on her face and red hands from rock climbing just a few hours prior.

"[Y/N]! Go away, you're ruining the campaign!" Mike grumbled.

Will, however, was completely lost in how utterly stunning she was. Her hair was so wet that it coiled up in curly ringlets and stuck to her forehead. Her entire demeanour radiated kindness and energy and he could barely breathe.

"Why can't I play too?" She asked curiously, querking her brow at the skinny boy.

"Because you don't know how to play D&D", Lucas added matter-of-factly. [Y/N] only rolled her eyes and kicked her shoes off.

"Who said I don't know how to play D&D?" She asked slyly.

"You know how to play?" Dustin replied in shock, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You're looking at the best damn Dungeon Master in New York", [Y/N] said proudly, reminiscing all those wonderful campaigns she hosted on the hill by her house.

"You didn't tell me your cousin was from New York", Lucas whispered as he leaned over to Mike. [Y/N] dragged a seat over next to Will, slumping down in the seat and resting her elbows on the table. She spotted Will staring at her out of the corner of her eye, making her smile kindly at the shy boy.

"Hi, I'm [Y/N]."

"Will."

After Will disappeared exactly three months later, everything seemed darker. Like the light was sucked out of the world. Mike was much douchier, Dustin was clearly trying to cover up the pain with laughter, Lucas was being a dick, and Eleven showed up. By that point, [Y/N] had become part of the party and was relieved to see another girl join the group, even if she was very limited in vocabulary and life-experience.

But when everything turned upside down, and Joyce and Hopper bought Will back home. [Y/N] wasn't ready to lose him again. A few weeks after his return, he kissed her on Mike's roof while Dustin fought with Lucas about the campaign. Mike was too busy wallowing in self-pity. They agreed to keep their relationship secret from the party, and their parents. [Y/N] was suspicious of Joyce, but maybe it was she was just paranoid. Lucas had caught Will holding [Y/N]'s hand but still, nothing. He actually bought their very bad, very stupid lie.

They didn't plan on telling anyone about their secret relationship until they came upon the right time. After two and a half years of being together, they were yet to find that 'right time'. It never really did come. But when they told people, it was under shitty circumstances.

Max, El, and [Y/N] were having a rocking sleepover, no boys, no parents (except Hopper, who was drunk off his nut), no disruptions, and epic music. [Y/N] awoke first and decided to shower and change before the other two woke up. Just as she pulled her shirt on, El woke up and groaned as she rolled over and pulled her hair out of her face.

"Morning, El", [Y/N] giggled, helping Eleven pull her hair out of her face.

"Good morning", El smiled.

Max suddenly groaned loudly and slammed her head back into the pillow, making El and [Y/N] laugh. It wasn't until an hour later that the other two had woken up and were getting ready to head to the pool for their secret 'investigation' into Billy's odd behaviour.