Chapter 7

Meg POV

The forest seemed a lot colder and darker tonight.

I was still processing what just happened. Why would Pan kidnap my brother? Why did he almost kick me out when I told him who my parents were? I guess I will never know because I am never talking to him again. I can't wait till I find out how to leave..........oh great. That stupid William kid said I can't leave without Pans "permission" and we all know he will not let me leave.

I stormed through the forest until I reached the beach I washed up on this ratchet island on. I sat on a big rock and looked over the ocean. The moon was setting which means it was almost morning. It made a pretty white ripple across the horizon.

My thoughts drifted to back home. I wonder how scared and worried my parents and grandparents are right now. They are probably in Granny's Diner getting together a search party. They always take it to extremes. Dad knows where I am......actually he just saw me fall through a portal. So, I am lost in there eyes, and I am lost in my own.

I shuffled my feet in the sand and sighed. I just want to go home.

Pan POV

I sat on the edge of the hammock with my head buried in my hands.

How could you be so stupid? I silently yelled at myself.

I thought about going after Meg, but I am probably the last person she wants to see. I have to make this right somehow. I decided against my gut feeling and went down the ladder. I saw Meg's footprints in the clay and I followed them all the way to the beach where I found her. She was kicking the sand under her feet and I heard her sigh.

"Meg.." I stepped out of the tree line.

"Get away from me." Meg snapped without turning around.

"I know I messed up but it was a long long time ago. I have changed. I have found something worth changing for." I pleaded.

Meg finally turned around.

"Listen....how am I supposed to trust someone who not only tried to kick me out because you despise my parents, but you also kidnaped my brother!" She screamed at me.

"I know it was stupid. But please give me a chance." I guess you could say I was on my knees begging. What am I doing? This girl is making me mad. Meg smiled at me.

"Fine. One more chance." She sighed. I stood up and ran towards her. She stood up and walked towards me.

I was almost in her arms when I felt a sharp pain in my side.

"Aahhhhjah" I cried and grabbed my side, leaving Meg with her arms open. I looked down in the sand and I saw an arrow. The tip was dark with poison.

"Pan!" Meg cried and cupped my face. "Pan what's wrong? Talk to me."

"We need to get out of here." I panicked. Meg grabbed my hand and we ran along the beach.

"Go in the forest right there." I coughed. "The treehouse is just beyond the treeline."

Meg tugged me towards the treeline as broke into a sprint.

We reached my treehouse, Meg started to climb. Our hands split apart as I climbed after her. She opened the latch and closed it after I came inside.

Meg POV

I saw pan struggle to my hammock holding his side.

"Let me see it." I demanded.

"No you don't want to." Pan chuckled.

He just got shot with an arrow and he still has a since of humor.