Chapter 21: Like a Rose?

Amelia's runway outfit above.

Amelia Black

I try not to react and keep doing the catwalk with a straight face. I reach the end of the runway and stand for like three seconds then I turn around walking pass Flora as she catwalks on.

I take a deep breath as I reach backstage and start looking for any of my friends.

"Amelia!" I hear a familia voice call. It's Nicholas Ghesquiere. The creative director of Louis Vuitton womenswear.

"Hi, Nicholas." I hug him.

"Hello, how was your first runway show in seven months? Where you nervous?" He smiles.

"I was but it was great. Thank you for the invite. I really needed to come here." I say in a grateful tone.

He laughs nervously. "Well, as much as I would love to say I invited you, I didn't. Your invite came right from the top. The senior board of directors requested for you."

My eyes widen in surprise. "Oh, wow."

"I know. You are one of a kind ,really."

"Thanks." I giggle.

Nicholas nods, smiling then walks away as we are called to all go back on the runway.

After that, I went straight to my friends and start telling them what happened but Natasha cuts me off. "Isn't that him?"

I turn my head to the side and I see Adam, standing and looking directly at me. He is wearing a black business attire as usual but with a jacket this time.

My eyes are widened in surprise. How did he get backstage access? I know that he is Adam Black but still! This is crazy.

"Go!" Daniella pushes me and I awkwardly walk up to him.

"Hi." I say as I stand in front of him.

Our eyes meet and my body melts from the inside. He is so beautiful. His black scruff is a bit thicker than it usually is. His hair is in a nice pompadour which really defines the structure of his face.

"Hey." He grumbles. His face shows no emotion as usual but I can tell that he is not in a good mood.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in my normal voice.

"I was invited."

"Oh." I mumble, feeling a little disappointed that he didn't come for me. "Did you enjoy the show?"

"Nicholas is very talented." Is his reply.

"Yes, he is." I agree.

He looks around then looks back at me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Go where?" I ask with a slight frown.

"To the hotel."

What?

"Together?" I ask and he nods.

"Um....okay."

This is awkward. I've been longing to see him but I didn't expect it to be this way. He's acting so distant. Like we're strangers.

I excuse myself and go over to say goodbye to my friends and change my clothes.

"Let's go." I tell Adam and he nods.