Chapter 61

My dedication goes to two countries.

Puerto Rico and Madagascar

*

Kara’s POV

*

            Stephano parked his Ferrari at the gate and turned the engine off. I gave him a curious glance when he didn’t press the horn for the security guard to open up for us.

“What’s up?”

He picked my left hand and placed a kiss on the back of it. Then for no reason, he started kissing each fingertip and swirling his tongue on them in this way I would term erotic. Flustered at the response my body was getting, I grabbed my hand and placed it on my lap.

“You’re not driving in...why?”

“I’m stalling babe, just for you. Are you ready to face your in-laws?” He wiggled his brows. “You’re about to get a thousand doses of affection and you know they’re worse than your mom.”

Realization dawned and my eyes widened. “Right. Thanks for reminding me.”

“You’re welcome love.”

I childishly stuck out my tongue. Then I remembered we would be meeting so many people in there, not only Stephano’s immediate family.

“Can we bail?” I pouted, groaning. He was right. Mrs. Alfonsi didn’t treat me like the nanny’s daughter and the Alfonsi’s in total saw me as the baby of the house.

That was part of the reason I grew up having whatever I wanted without an excuse. Also, they took part in so many special events in my life- like my first day in preschool, my birthdays and high school graduation so they were literally family.

“Do you really want to bail?”

“Er...what if I really want to? We could go somewhere and just-" my hands were already gliding up his chest as I gave him a wink.

He gave me a bored look in return, which made me scowl. I could’ve sworn I was good at teasing and seducing him but Stephano had been careful ever since the confession I made days ago at Paris. He was serious about that no-sex punishment.

“Loosen up.” I rolled my eyes.
He raised a brow and shook his head. “So you can make me go against my own rule and cancel the punishment? Not a chance love.”

He drove in and I waived at a smiling Simon, the security man stationed at the gate. When we parked, I leaned into the seat as nostalgia hit me.

I had grown up here. And of course, I did miss it dearly. My childhood memories were all here. Stephano alighted but I didn’t, still looking around. Unlike other days, I intentionally waited for him to come and open the door, admiring his taut butt in those dark jeans as he walked around the car. He was wearing black Polo I had picked out for him this morning and black, fitted jeans. Coupled with his black spiky hair and two days old stubbles, he looked incredibly sexy.

“Mama showed me the jewelries you gave her. Thanks.” I told him just when he was about to open the door. I did it myself and smiled up at him.

Holding his hand out, I accepted it and allowed him wrap his hands around my waist just because we felt like it.

“She doesn’t need to thank me and neither do you. Natalie is literally my second mom.”

“Still-” He gave me an annoyed look and I stopped pursuing the subject. “Okay fine. She loved your proposal lines by the way.”

A lazy smirk slipped onto his gorgeous face. “It was perfect. I know, you don’t have to remind me.”

“Actually no. Her words were ‘Stephano looked really cute when he thought you weren’t going to say yes and panicked.” I giggled. Mama had talked about it all yesterday and early this morning when we were preparing to leave.