Rui x Reader Fluff

I know rui's a bit destructive, but in the end i couldn't help but love the poor boy, muzan was wrong for that one!  So he deserves love too.

-- -- -- --

You ran through the forest of mt natagumo, specifically at night that is, so you could see your so called friend rui!

Excited tingles coursed through you, skipping along trails to reach the spot you both would always meet at.

He only spared you because your intellect interested him.

You knew mostly everything about him, nothing left to be hidden as you two came close over the weekends you were free.

Yes it's odd. But! he sure was different in a sense, he may have sinned, becoming apart of the damned, but he showed you something you'd never in a million years expect from a demon of any kind...

You stopped meddling with your thoughts, feeling winds gush past you, a white cloth visible to your eye grazing your cheek when you came to a stop, a smile reached your face expecting...-

You let out a sigh of relief at the sight of rui, he stood behind you, he had his hands behind his back.

You sat down on the plush grass criss-crossing in front of rui, he stared down at you in silence for a short second before speaking up, asking you about your day.

"Uh-," You breathed out, not able to say a word, cheekily smiling at rui shoving a red and pink/discolored rose in front of your nose. Shly taking the rose by it's thorns, pricking yourself in the process and examining the first gift of the night you received, you say that because rui would often spoil you with weird items/modern treats whenever you were near.

"Thank you rui.." Noticing your body temperature heat up when he flashed you a short but sweet smile, giving you a hand..when you grabbed his, he quickly ran off in a different direction in the woods, not releasing your palm.

"Don't thank me darling.." was his only response to you, a brown cottage lit up with lights in certain places becoming visible in the clearing up ahead.

He was always so straight forward, making it somewhat awkward for you in these type of situations..you differed, the pang of guilt slowly becoming warming to you.

Your job was to report and slay demons, not fall in love with them.

What rui began to show you was different than what he used to be, he eventually obliged to drink from blood packets you brought to him from the hospital. He seemed to become more nimble the more you visited him. Always bringing gifts, and he occasionally drank the blood deliveries in front of you on purpose, as if he was implying change, that's the only explanation you could think of that'd fit his behaviour.

Before you knew it, all of that thinking caused you to be blindly lead into the house, focusing your vision on rui now sitting in front of you, pins and buttons scattered all over the floor beside him.