42

♥️

While Aiden's been working for a couple of days I've been looking on my laptop for jobs in the area. I also found a few colleges that are still in an affordable price range. It may be a quick judgment to move my life here but Aiden is right. I have nothing in Corvallis, Ashley is here... it's not like I loved my school and as a bonus, there are more opportunities here.

I took his advice and saw someone about my nightmares, the medicine they gave me is helping and talking to someone is nice but what I really need is for Aiden to be home. His late nights at work are starting to take a toll on me.

As for work, I decided to follow my passion. Without any hands-on experience, there wasn't much to choose from but I did find an opening for a bakers assistant a few miles away. I sent in the application last night and woke up to an email saying for me to come in for an interview this morning.

I told Aiden about the opportunity and he was happy for me but he wished I would work for him. In theory that would be perfect but I need to do this on my own, he would help me more than he should if I was his assistant.

During my shower, I wash away all the negative things that have happened but I also think about the positives. Me and Ashley are safe, My mom's shop is staying open, and I'm happy... all because of Aiden.

The fact that I have security on me constantly will be annoying but maybe they will be more like a shadow then a nuisance. I've barely seen mine and he's here constantly.

After I climb out I bring the towel to my hair and soak up as much as I can before drying it.

I opt to straighten my hair instead of curling it. More of a sleek professional look that way. I scan my closet for something that screams 'Hire me' and decide on a form-fitting navy blue dress I borrowed from Ashley a while back. It has a high neckline and it fits my body well, it makes me look older and more professional. A little makeup and I look alive.

Surprisingly, Aiden is waiting for me in the kitchen. His suit is perfectly tailored against his lean frame and the dark as night material looks perfect against his tan skin, I kind of wish I took his offer as his assistant so I could see that all day but I need to do this on my own.

I smile as I walk towards him, "I thought you were going to be gone when I got ready," I say to him with a raised brow.

He smirks before coming up to me and placing his warm hands on my hips. The fabric does nothing to mask the perfect heat that radiates from his touch. "I wanted to make sure you got there okay. I'm riding with you."

I look over to the guard who stands near the door. He looks like the British soldiers that stand in front of the castle for hours on end that don't laugh when people jump in front of them. I want to go wave my hand in front of his face to see if he moves but I refrain.

I lean in close to Aiden "Does he have to come?" I whisper as I gesture my thumb over to the giant statue.

He smiles before tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Even if everything didn't happen. I can't allow you to leave the house looking like this." His eyes carelessly rake over my body "without some form of protection."

I laugh, "Right." I lean up and kiss him, "But can he follow us and you drive us? I don't want my new boss to think that I'm some spoiled girl who has a driver."

He gives me an amused expression, "You're not some spoiled girl who has a driver" A smirk crosses his face, "You're my spoiled girl who has a driver."

I swat his arm, "Seriously. I really don't want them to judge me."

He leans an arm against the counter, "Why do you give a fuck what your boss thinks? I should be your boss." I can see the shimmer in his eyes and I have to refrain from melting in front of him.

"Be nice," I say and he scoffs.

"I shouldn't even allow another man to tell you what to do." He states as he steps towards further me. Mint and a hint of smoke invade my senses and make me dizzy.

I look to the side and take a deep breath "The application said the owner and chef's name was Avery, she's a girl." I retort giving him a confident look.

His body relaxes and he nods his head, "Okay, okay. I'll drive you."

We walk outside and the guard follows close behind, I roll my eyes "Why don't you have a guard?" I look pointedly between us and the guard.

Aiden shrugs, "Don't need one." He states as he pulls back his black suit jacket revealing a pistol tucked into a strap on his waist.

I swat his arm and hurriedly close his jacket afraid someone would see. "Aiden!" I shake my head. "You know you could just do business properly and we wouldn't need all this," I gesture to where his pistol sits and he nods.

"I'm trying baby girl."

♥️