chapter 31

*billies pov*

I decline the call, and get back in the shower. I'm not sure why he's calling, but I genuinely don't care. But once I get back in, I get another call.

*incoming facetime from Q:)*

I decline again, texting him afterwards so he'd stop calling. But, he had already texted me.

Q:) : eilish, answer please.

I scoff, I hate when he calls me Eilish.

I text him back, "i'm in the shower bro. text me bout it."

Which, seemed to spark an interest in him.

Q:) : don't act like i haven't seen it all before.

Fucking disgusting.

I ignore his text, turning my ringer off and hopping back in the shower.

He always seems to think he can pull me back in with just a text or call. He might've been able to do that not too long ago, but I can't even imagine myself with him. I honestly can't imagine myself with anyone except Katherine.

I finish with my shower, washing my hair and body.

I turn the water off, grabbing the towel from the top of the shower rail. I grab my phone, seeing five missed calls from Brandon.

I regret changing his contact back to "Q:)" because it reminds me of old times. And the smiley face, ugh.

I go to our texts to tell him I'm not answering, but his texts explain all I need to know.

I walk out of the bathroom, with only a towel on

"Mom, are you crazy? Why did you arrange for me to meet up with Brandon?" I yelled, shoving the phone screen towards her.

She gave me a empathetic look, walking towards me.

"Look, I really think you guys need closure or something. I already talked to your management and everything, you're going to see him after your press meeting today. 3pm." She said, staring into my eyes.

I start to cry, stomping into the bathroom, slamming the door without answering her at all.

I don't ever wanna see him . Ever. These past few days have already been hard enough. I miss Katherine and I wanna be with her so bad. I cant see him. Katherine would take it wrong and I don't wanna hide anything from her. Ugh.

I walk out of the bathroom, grabbing clothes from my suitcase, then stomping back to the bathroom to change. I throw on some shorts and a t-shirt.

"Billie. Open the door." Finneas said before knocking.

I open the door, immediately throwing myself into his arms that he outstretched, letting out tears.

He walked us into the bathroom, closing the door with his foot.

He hugged me tighter, letting me cry into his shoulder.

"I cant see him Finn. I can't do it." I said, muffled into his shirt. He let go of me, looking at my tear-drenched face.

"I know, but I think you really need this too. For both of you. It ended bad and you never get many reasons behind it or anything."

"He misses me. He's gonna try something. I know he is." I said, sitting down on the edge of the bathtub.

Finneas looked at me starting to cry again, as he opened his arms and I crashed into his chest again, trying to let all my tears out.

~

"So, we have a few questions about some pictures that have surfaced recently." Some old guy from my team said. Which worried me, because it would probably be Katherine and I.

He pulled out a folder, taking a few printed pictures out. He picked up one, pushing it towards me.

The picture of Katherine and I kissing on the beach.

"Who's this?" He said, watching me stare at the picture. She looked hot.

"That's my friend, Katherine." I said, pushing the picture back to him.

"Your friend? She seems like more than just a friend." He said, pushing three more picture of us kissing and on dates to me.

I looked around the room to everyone looking at me.

"We know you like girls and we're fine with that and we're okay with your fan base knowing, but you have to be careful. You can't just run around kissing your friends."

"She isn't just a friend..." I mumble. "But, we aren't dating. Not officially or anything."

He nodded, shuffling the papers in front of him. He looked around to the other people in the conference room, whispering something to one of them. Which, confused me.

"Would you be okay with me dating a girl?" I said, which made my mom's head jerk towards me.

They all looked at each other, back and forth between me and them. I sat with a questioning face. I just wanted to know if I could be with Katherine without being ten thousand percent scolded by my entire team and label.

"Yes, but you have to be secretive about it. We can't have another Q situation. That ruined a lot of reputation for you. You can't make anything official online, especially if you don't know if it will even last." He finally answered, with a not-so-sure face.

We all sat, as I thought of something to say.

"What if I know for sure it'll last?"